WHY I STAY IN CALL CENTER?

People think that this job is as easy as 1,2 and 3,no it is not. You can never survive here if you do not have long term goals cause it is eventually tiring. I am gradually getting why people want to be promoted for them to grow more and it depends on a person. I stay here until now cause this industry helps me to be a better person and I want to prove something to myself before I can shift back to teaching that is currently not on my mind right now. I can say that my world revolves around Call Center industry not in teaching. I started joining last 2013 until now despite of all the failures that made me almost give up,as you see, I am still here. Call Center Life gives you unique confidence that everyday you are improving especially in speaking in English,dealing with different kinds of people and many reasons.Currently here on my new company, I am amazed by the customer that I talked to. She was lazy to give her account number to pay for her final bill. She was so foul mouthed to me and I considered it rudeness. Of course, you still have to manage the call respectfully. The ending was it become supervisor call because we cannot process payment if there is no account number. The rude customer forced to look for the bill to read the account number to my supervisor eventually. That customer might be pissed off that is why she talked like that. Irate customers are very challenging because they mess up your AHT (Average handle time) and they also make your day bad. That is one thing I am proud of because we, as a Call Center Agent,we can handle our emotions against those people who do not deserve it. I salute you Call Center Agent. Our main job is to assist customers whether they are bad or good. Keep it up and let them see how kind and calm you are though they are offending already. Let them see that you may not be an American Agent, you are excellent and has a good attitude.