23. Will Joey and Daniel Meet?

"Joey it will be a change for you from normal work. I assure you there will be no press. The kids there really love you," Petar was asking Joey to attend a public function in an autistic school situated at Randolph.

"I still wonder how I got so many normal kids as my fans. Autistic kids? That's unbelievable," Joey said.

"It is your body language and the colors you use. They start laughing the moment they see you. A feel good sensation makes them connect with you," Petar said.

Joey agreed finally and they flew to the east coast. Randolph was situated so near to Boston, his hometown and Joey badly wanted to visit his mother. Memories of a happy childhood filled his heart. "Why does every relation turn abusive at some point? My mother, Daniel, or is it just for me?" he wondered.

Joey stepped out of the car and Jett his stepbrother was waiting to greet him with a bouquet in his hand in the entrance of the school. Joey was genuinely surprised to see him.

"Welcome to Randolph," he said clearly. Joey could not believe his ears. He scooped him right away and showered him with kisses.

"See I told you he is my brother," Jett turned to the other students and bragged.

"What are you doing here? Where is Bob?" Joey asked.

"I am studying here. I go home at the weekends. It is our school's annual day," he said.

"You sound just like Bob. How did your learn to talk so well?" Joey still couldn't believe his brother acted so normal.

"Joey," Petar nudged, "that is what this school is for. One of the best in the country for autism students and children with the speech disability."

Joey was thankful his stepfather put his brother in such a good school. He attended the function with renewed interest and enquired about the school functioning to the staff. The kids absolutely adored him. It was a very different experience for him without selfies and autographs.

They only took a few group photos. The kids talked to him and gave him handmade presents. He saw their cultural programs and gave away the prizes. Jett danced in one of the shows and Joey cheered with teary eyes.

He felt very relaxed by the end of the day. He enquired to the staff about the cost of education.

"Out of the state students were charged very high earlier. So we got only a limited number of students. We did not get any help from the government because of that. Everything changed after your interference. We are offering over 75% scholarship for economically deprived students now. Your donation practically saved our school from closing. We are very thankful."

"I gave a donation?" Joey wondered. He looked at Petar. "Daniel," Petar shrugged, "your power of attorney is with him. He did it for image building. You know you were in that most charitable celebrity of the year event list.

"Taylor Swift won it," Joey said.

"Yes. Daniel chose this school to help. It was a very prestigious institution with a long heritage. But, it was about to be closed. He fixed it."

"But how? I don't make that much of money."

"It is a complicated process," Petar said, "I will explain it later on our way home."

Joey took Jett out for the evening with the school's permission. They went shopping and then to dinner. They had a great time.