32. Janiel - First Meeting

Joey's POV

 "Was I a mistake? Am I a mistake?" Joey fumed in the flight back to LA. He remembered every instance he and Daniel were together. He remembered meeting Daniel in a bar for the first time in person. He was dancing his heart out in a friends birthday party. Joey thought he looked like a pig. A very handsome one at that.

Daniel saw Joey checking on him and came to him as they had already talked in Snapchat. They went out of the bar and sat on Joey's car bonnet. Daniel was asking so many questions. All Joey could think of was "Such rosy lips. How would it taste?" He answered as much as he understood. The next day was Sunday. They decided to go on a date. Joey showed up by early afternoon and they had lunch. Daniel paid.

"He takes control. Manly," Joey thought. They went hiking. Daniel talked about Britney Spears, Mariah Carrey and other musical stars he liked. Joey talked about video games. Both did not have anything in common to share.

Daniel stopped going further when Joey lagged behind huffing and puffing. He had packed some snacks in his backpack and bought lemonade. They ate, drank, chatted and headed back to where Joey had parked his car.

"He is so athletic. He returned when I can't keep up. So caring. He bought snacks for me," Joey was so smitten by him. Just being near him felt so right. He liked everything about Daniel.

They saw the sunset holding each other's hands. Both of them turned and looked at each other, smiled and leaned in for a kiss. Their first kiss, on their first date, happened in the backdrop of a beautiful sunset. One thing led to another and they made love.

Daniel drove Joey's car that day. Joey felt they were going in the wrong route. But, he didn't mind. Daniel stopped in front of a closed shop and went in. He returned with a small gift and gave it to Joey.

"What is it? How do they sell in a closed shop?"

"I know the shop owner. We entered the shop from inside and took it. I just thought you will like this," he said. It was a small pink house with a zipper. Joey opened it. A cute unicorn popped out.

"A unicornya !! I love it," Joey smiled haughtily in happiness. He hugged Daniel and kissed him all over.

"How do you know I like unicorns?"

"I just guessed. I am the queen of giving gifts. You can just hang it in your car or keep it somewhere."

Daniel's POV

Daniel's POV

Daniel was thinking about their first meeting too after coming back from the Soul office. He was really stunned when Nick started to explain about his plans for Pietro. He felt he could have done much more for Joey. He couldn't help think about the first day they met. Daniel was working two jobs together and had no time for anything else. He checked his social media in the weekend and saw a boys friend request in Facebook. He too was from LA.