60. Daniel's First Boyfriend

In LA....

Ethan Brown turned to Joey with utmost anger, after Daniel left. His assistant came and whispered something in his ears. He started moving with him to Joey's bedroom.

"That's my personal room," Joey said.

"That's precisely why we need to check it. Open up now," Ethan ordered.

"I won't. You have all the details you need. You know how all the costly items in my house were purchased now. There is nothing in this room," Joey said.

"Is that so? We heard there is a personal locker fitted behind your closet to store valuables. I need to take a look at it," he insisted.

"I will not open it," Joey said adamantly.

"Mr. Graceffa, we have a search warrant. You only have the right to remain silent. I will search wherever I want, be it your waste basket or toilet. Open it now," Ethan said with utmost authority. Joey knew he had no other choice. He opened the room.

Ethan entered it. The room was filled with Daniel's pictures every inch. There was a huge photo of him in the ceiling peering directly on the bed. Joey's bed sheet had his photo. Pillows had his photo. There was a hand shaped pillow wearing Daniel's shirt, drenched in his cologne.

"This is not your personal room

"This is not your personal room. It is a shrine for your boyfriend," Ethan said sarcastically.

His men led Joey to open the personal locker in the closet. Ethan saw them taking out several items from the locker. There was a cute unicorn felt cloth doll. An artistic pen, a letter, a golden bow tie, an eye drops bottle, a soothing cream, and some more keepsakes.

"Isn't this pen quite costly? Like the one you have? Handmade with sandalwood?" his assistant asked.

"Indeed it is. Search for other important documents," Ethan said walking out of the room to the pool taking the pen. Joey followed him.

He felt guilty. "I am sorry for what happened to Alexa. I got a little carried off that day. You have all rights to cause me enough trouble," he blurted.

"It is not Alexa you should be worried about. It is me. I was his first boyfriend," Ethan said.

"That's insane," Joey shouted. Ethan took out a similar pen from his inner pocket. Joey tried to take a better look at it. He gave both to Joey. He compared them both. They were exactly the same.

"How did you get this pen?"

"It is a gift from Daniel," he shrugged his shoulders. He enjoyed the redness spreading in Joey's face and sat on a pool chair.

"Mr. Graceffa, I am surprised you know so little about him even after all these years," he teased him.

"I am Ethan Brown. Dr. Christopher Preda married my sister. I am Anton's uncle. Daniel lived with us for two years when he moved here from Canada. We shared the same room. He liked me a lot. I liked Alexa a lot. She was the daughter of our butler," Ethan said.