40. It is Mine

Daniel felt terrible that morning. He still couldn't believe he hit Pietro and remembered none of it. He cried his heart out while bathing.

Pietro had already made breakfast. Giorgio was playing with Maya. Surprisingly, both Sean and Pietro went out together. James was checking on him now and then and the security guard Sanders kept peeping in every half an hour to ensure Daniel was OK.

"I am becoming mad. You were so right Joey. I am sick in my head," Daniel talked to himself.

Joey never showed his love like others. He was a moron. He will act like a total douche bag at times. But, he had a golden heart, a heart that will do anything for Daniel, no matter what.

He will do crazy things to please Daniel. Things normal lovers will never dream of. Daniel was taken aback when Joey first hit his knees in the coffee table after the interview. He thought Joey was psychotic.

At the same time, his heart melted for him. A person loved him so much that he was ready to hurt himself physically. Daniel knew it won't be a healthy relationship. But, his protective instincts overwhelmed his brains warning.

"I have to take care of him. Else he will mess up bad," his mind screamed. There were several instances Joey had made him yield to his wishes using emotional blackmail.

He went to Joey's room after his interview with Petar for the first time. Joey was living with Sawyer then. The room looked liked a garbage truck. Daniel stood on the entrance refusing to enter.

"What do you mean you won't come in? I just cleaned it in the morning," Joey said.

"I think you misunderstand the word clean. There might be rats and raccoons in there. I might die of suffocation," Daniel protested.

"Then you clean it," Joey ordered.

"I will if you help me," Daniel set to work diligently. The room looked spec and clean in the next twenty minutes. All the scattered clothes, were sorted and put on the laundry basket or folded and went to the cupboard.

Leftover snacks went to trash

Leftover snacks went to trash. The windows, doors, bed, side tables and the computer desk were dusted and the things on them arranged in order. Daniel vacuumed the carpet and changed the sheets of the bed sending Joey to take a bath. He was proud of his work.

They fucked each other like mad on the newly cleaned room and went out for lunch. Daniel came there the next day saw the room was in the exact same position it was earlier.

"What happened? I just cleaned it yesterday," he asked angrily.

"You put all my stuff in boxes. I had to search for each and every one of them," Joey said.

Daniel cleaned it again, this time letting him know where he was keeping the important things, discarding certain items. He had to do it again the next day, and for several more days.