38. Daniel Hits Pietro

Daniel woke up to see Pietro in a deep slumber beside him. His heavy hands were resting on Daniel's chest. P always slept beside him in the mattress after dismantling the bed. Daniel wanted to get to up. But, was reluctant to disturb P. Giorgio peeked in, "you are awake?" he shouted enthusiastically. P woke up with a jolt. 

"Slowly Pietro. Omg! What happened to your face?" Daniel asked looking confused at his reddened left jaw. 

"You thought he was God and hit him," Giorgio said hugging Daniel's neck. 

"I hit him? Why? How?" Daniel asked terribly confused. He tried to remember. His head felt like it was in fire. 

"Go call James," Pietro sent Giorgio out and came to Daniel. "You blacked out when we were talking. Remember you got me a Mensa membership?"

"Yes. I was showing the envelope to you and then....," Daniel felt completely blank. He got up and came to the kitchen. 

"Daniel, sit down. I will make coffee. Or you want tea?" Pietro asked. 

"Tell me what happened? Did I really hit you?"

"You started to get the convulsions again. James gave you some shots. You woke up. But, you did not remember anything."

"How is that possible? Why should I hit you if I don't remember anything?"

"That's the best part of the story. I really wanted to see you when P tells you what happened," James said entering with Maya. She jumped to Daniel and started licking him with love. 

"You did not remember anything when you woke up after the blackout. P was in his bare body and shorts as usual. I was treating you on your bed. You only saw his upper body when you woke up," James said controlling his laughter. 

"You asked him whether he was Adonis," Giorgio said laughing 

" I thought you were joking. I said, yes I am Adonis the God of life, death and rebirth," 

"Then you hit him right on the jaw and asked why did you kill my parents and Anton?" James explained. 

"Serves him well. He won't lie he is God to anyone hereafter" Giorgio laughed.

"Yes. I won't definitely," P said rubbing his jaw. 

Daniel got up and hugged him perplexed. "I am so sorry Pietro. I did not know what I was doing. I don't remember anything now."

"Relax Daniel. Nothing happened. It was just a baby punch. Drink your tea. James told me you had a huge concussion and to expect some behavior oddity," Pietro said. 

Daniel knew from Pietro and James faces they treated it as a big joke. But, he felt really terrible. James started to check him. Pietro went out to check his garden. Though the landscapers visited regularly, the garden will usually need a lot of personal tending when he comes back from his trips. It was maintained perfectly now. 

"We worked in the garden every day. Daniel know so much about plants. The landscaper calls him to ask any doubts now. He is like grandpa. Uses only natural things for the garden. He bought ladybugs to kill leaf bugs. He put garlic in the root to prevent ants," Giorgio kept saying. 

"How much does he know?" Pietro wondered, "what else did you do?"

"We had fun. We played board games. His cooking is excellent. We went cycling. We swam together. He told me stories. We watched movies, went shopping, he taught me how to pose like you."

"Like me?" Pietro laughed. 

"Yes. He is not boring like you. We went to the painting exhibition and the museum. Do you know Leonardo da Vinci did so much more than painting Monalisa. He was an Italian too. Daniel told me everything about him."