69. Joey and his Mother

Joey thought about it now. Daniel thought he did not get the job because of the certificates. But, Joey dug deeper. He found StyleHaul received nearly $6 million worth of investment from a company called RTL group due to Daniel's work.

"Why did they let Daniel go then?" Joey wondered and did a thorough background check on the RTL groups. He even hired a detective agency for it. He soon found out, a person named Lucas was the main controller of RTL groups and he did not want Daniel on the StyleHaul team. The name rang a bell. 

"Daniel's ex. Trying to sabotage his future," Joey fumed then. But, he did not say anything to Daniel. "Why complicate things further. Lucas doesn't want Daniel anywhere near him. It is safe for all."

Joey thought it was because of hatred then. Now he knew he pushed him out deliberately. It was the first time Joey was thinking about Lucas in all these days. "Maybe it is because I have proof Daniel did not pay for his treatment," he thought. "I knew Lucas was rich. Why didn't it occur earlier Daniel might not have done it?" Joey questioned himself. 

He remembered Chris saying Daniel did not know they moved to LA at all. He remembered Lucas's distorted face. "Did he push Daniel out for his own good?" Joey thought for the first time. 

"I pushed him out that day

"I pushed him out that day. How he tried to free himself from Sean that day. I did it for his own good. Did Lucas do the same?" Joey wondered. 

He remembered his conversation with Shane that day. Joey called Shane as soon as he saw the text message from Daniel. They met at the LA airport. 

"Shane, Daniel is coming to NewYork. He will come here. I should make him come here. We should patch up. I won't let him out of our house for this lifetime if he comes just once," he talked emotionally. 

"Don't do it," Shane said. "Let him go for his own good. He will be better off without you."

"You told the same during our first breakup and the second one too. But, you were wrong. He loved me. He came back both the time. You never liked him," Joey shouted. 

"Did he think living with you was waste then?" Shane asked sharply. Joey fell silent. He remembered hearing Daniel say "I have wasted my life all these years. What a great mistake!" still. 

"I agree I was a bit possessive. But, Daniel was never a problem. He always let us mingle as usual. Not a shred of suspicion. He respected me better than you," Shane said. 

"Joey, I checked what he is doing in London. I was taken aback seeing him with that handsome man that day. He is a Billionaire now. He moves in a very elite circle. He has his certificates and a very high profile job in Elite modeling agency. His family had accepted him wholeheartedly," Shane said. 

"Do they even know what he really wants? His new sugar daddy can be rich. But, he will keep Daniel a secret forever. They can't live like us," Joey said.