53. Joey Saves Daniel

Joey got a surprise visitor a week after her returned from London. Anton came running to his room when he was playing video games. Joey was shocked at first. "Joey," Anton hugged his knees with childish innocence.

Joey picked the child and showered him with kisses. "How did you come here? Did you tell your dad?" he asked.

"I came with grandpa," Anton said pointing to a man sitting downstairs.

"I am Mr. Brown. Ellen's father. Anton doesn't stop talking about you. He wanted to meet you again badly," the elderly man said.

Joey's lonliness seemed to melt away with Anton hanging around. Wolf and Storm stuck with the child instantly. Anton ran around with them in the garden, jumped on the floaters and enjoyed the pool.

Finally it was time to go and Mr. Brown called Anton.

"Joey," Anton whispered to him, "get an appointment to see papa in house and come before time. We will play till he sees you."

Joey burst out laughing. He wondered how the child was scheming. "I will. Do you like me that much?"

"Ummm...yes. You are very nice," he kissed Joey for the umpteenth time.

"That's really enough. Your one hour is up. Come on now," his grandpa insisted. Anton got down from Joey and waved him a half hearted goodbye and went to the car.

"Thank you Mr. Brown. This means so much to me," Joey said walking him to the door.

"I don't know why he is so interested in you. Children have very limited interest. He will forget everything when he gets something better," he said getting into the car.

Joey felt very lonely suddenly. The meaning of the words sunk into him painfully. Anton will forget me if he gets something better just like Daniel.

"Why can't I do the same?" Joey's heart whimpered. "Where is my self-respect? Why am I this vulnerable?"

He felt himself engulfed in self-pity. "What's the use in brining him back if he thinks it is a waste living with me?" he questioned himself.

"People don't mean everything they say always. I have blurted out several things which I did not mean. He still has feelings for me," his conscience chastised him. Joey remembered Daniel rushing behind him with bleeding knees.

"I should meet him once more. Just once. Let me talk to him. I will give him his ten minutes. He was the one who begged for it," Joey thought proudly. Deep down he cursed himself for searching reasons to eye Daniel one more time.

---

---

Joey eyed the huge crowd waiting in line. His eyes scaled the multiplex up and down for Daniel.

Joey had told Petar to he wanted to start the Storytellers 2 promotion in London that weekend. Arrangements were done for the premiere to be screened at SilverCity London Cinemas. A meet and greet with Joey was also scheduled in the complex. Mr. Woods had informed Sean and he was there with Daniel.