Chapter Twenty-Two: You like being alone, but do you fancy being alone?

"Hey man, leave her alone." A voice echoed behind me and I could feel the vibration of the man's hand on my back. It was just a matter of time before an issue is going to happen.

"What's your problem? This girl is not even yours." Mr. Creepy laid his eyes on Tyrone as Tyrone slowly approached our table and took a sip of sparkling from his flute shape glass. He was cool while shaking his glass a bit. Something was telling me that Tyrone was just waiting for this guy to leave.

The creepy man did not say anything, but he continued to trace his finger on my back, making me cringe. Immediately, Tyrone forcefully pushed the man, pinning him on the wall. The creepy man was helpless and scared, making Tyrone feel dominant.

"Maybe you want to stop now?" Tyrone gave a smirk.

"I'm sorry okay? She's pretty hot and..."

"And what?" This time, the playful smirk from Tyrone's face vanished as he gave a growl.

"Nothing." Creepy man chickened out and left quickly as Tyrone let go of his shirt.

I just stared at Tyrone blankly as he returned, sipping the sparkling water. He acted as if nothing just happened. Wondering what actually did happen, I looked down and tried to ignore Tyrone. Gratitude should be given but I didn't feel like it. He was wearing a plain black shirt and some pair of faded blue jeans... too casual but fit his bad boy vibe.

Tyrone snapped his fingers and gave a chuckle. "Don't just stay here alone or else you'll attract creepers. That cunt Caleb just left you here alone...shameful."

My face immediately turned pink. I preferred being this quiet introvert staying at the corner texting my soon to be boyfriend. And yes, I was just texting peacefully with my Finn, why the commotion?

"I'm okay with it." My voice was hoarse, probably because of the fear I had from the creeper and at the same time, the aftermath.

"Doesn't it feel lonely, little chopstick?" He called for a guy who was holding a blue cooler and pointed at me.

"Sometimes I'd rather be alone." I smiled at the guy with cooler as he handed me a root beer. "Thanks man."

Tyrone smiled broadly at me but didn't say anything. I wish he would just leave so that I could return texting with Finn because my phone kept on vibrating already.

"You like being alone, but do you fancy being alone?"

That actually made me think twice. Realization suddenly hit me.

As an introverted person, I like being alone. Doesn't it feel better to just stay at home and sit down while flipping the pages of your favorite fairy tale wishing you were the main character? Doesn't it feel better to just curl up on the couch with your favorite stuffed toy while munching on some of your favorite chips (Cheetos!) watching your favorite series (Family Guy!) on Netflix? Doesn't it feel better to do a job alone rather than working with some unreliable and irresponsible classmates in the group? Doesn't it feel better to be just browsing through mangas on the phone, lying on the bed before going to sleep? For me, it does. Rather than partying with a bunch of people I don't know, I would rather stay at home. Sometimes I would be happy to have cancelled plans because it means that I could get to stay at home. This introverted life of mine actually boosted me up on being an independent person. Safely, I would like to say, I like being alone.

But seeing couples enjoying ice cream together while they walk, seeing two best friends shopping at the mall, having a contest on who tried the best outfit, seeing a family...walking on a park, parents playing with their children... It breaks my heart. People are not meant to live independently, they need other people to harmonize their lives, to bring the best out of them. Seeing the smiles of the people being together with the people they love, it actually bothered me why I am such an introverted freak who disliked company.