Chapter Twenty-Seven: Stop blowing that horn it's not New Year

I've been spending my break mostly at Finn's house, and at Connor's house because Mr. Daye requested that I give advance tutors to both Christian and Calvin, and I also tried advance studying when I spend time by myself.

Ever since Finn asked me to be his girlfriend, I've spent a lot of time living in his house, or spending time with him on his work. Of course when his mom is not around, which means, I could stay every day except Mondays, and Thursdays. Staying alone in my dorm room was boring especially when Brie would go back home to Oklahoma because her family lives there. Also, Finn trusted me enough to the point that he gave me an extra key to his house. I promised not to lose it anyway or enter his house randomly. The extra key was important because what if he got asthma attack again or something?

It was some night in the middle of June where the weather was getting warmer and warmer, I lay comfortably on the couch watching some Netflix series. Suddenly, Finn surprised me by blowing a horn, which almost made me fall down the couch. He said he was just going to drink some water and then this happened.

"Hey Jessamine!" He blew the horn once again and gave me a mini chocolate cake with a message on top.

"Huh?" I scratched my head and almost got irritated but I still laughed and asked him, "It's not my birthday. My birthday's over already and you surprised me already."

"Read the message on the cake." Finn suggested as he sat down beside me. I sat straight and took the cake from him.

"Congrats for being an almost Dean's Lister. Finn! I hate you!" I chuckled, because that was the funniest thing ever. My GPA last term was 3.67, which lack 0.03 to become one. "Such a nice way to congratulate me."

"That was really difficult to put icing on, admire the effort." Finn rolled his eyes.

Using my index finger, I wiped away the word almost and also the letter n on the "an" word, so what's left is "Congrats for being a Dean's Lister."

"This is what I will get next term." Feeling determined, I licked the icing away from my finger.

"I am sure you will baby. Now eat up." He blew the horn once again, which irritated me so I snatched it away.

"Stop blowing that horn it's not New Year." I pretended to be angry but I was just messing around with him.

Finn shook his head and gave a frown. "Party pooper."

I stuck out my tongue and what surprised me was that Finn used his finger and got some icing. I wasn't prepared but he just placed some on my cheek.

"Finn!" I whined.

"I love you."

I placed the cake on the table and I got some icing too on my finger. "Revenge!" The immature me yelled out as I placed some icing on his nose.

"Ow." Astonished, Finn pulled out his, "You're going down!" look as he took another part of the cake.

"Holy!" Accidentally, I blurt that out. My first instinct was to run because Finn was triggered in putting icing on my face once again. In an instant, I stood up and ran away as fast as I could. Good thing that I memorized his house already that's why I tried my best to run while avoiding the rest of the obstacles.

"Can't catch me!" Simultaneously, I ran and yelled some juvenile response whenever he would say something.

After he smirked, he replied with a deep voice. "Watch me."

While running to the staircase, he instantly caught me because of his advantageous long arms and legs. Using his right arm, he wrapped them around my waist, while his left hand was aiming on my nose. I repeatedly squirm so that it would be difficult for him, but the moment he had targeted me perfectly, I stopped moving.