Chapter Fifty-Four: Come here this instant and bring your car!

Chapter Fifty-Four: Come here this instant and bring your car!

Finn's POV

Everything sucks. My mom's condition was really bad, and Kayla just could not stop bugging me. I wanted to see Jessamine so bad, but I could sense that there was something wrong with her because her replies were very minimal.

Break up with Jessamine. I'll give you three days. If you don't, then you won't like what will happen.

It was the third day already, and Kayla did not text me anything contrary to what she usually does, saying, "My tummy hurts" or "I want to kill myself". Instead, she messaged, "Come over.", which made me feel scared because I was not exactly sure what Kayla would do to Jessamine. Instead of asking Kayla through phone asking her why, I decided to confront Kayla immediately. Because if ever she did something horrible to Jessamine, I would make sure she would be sorry.

Spring would forever be my favorite, because of how it blends both winter and summer together, with trees growing and flowers blooming, the perfect weather to ride a bike on. I just wanted a life that is peaceful, with Jessamine enjoying it with me, and my mother healthy.

While driving to Kayla's apartment, I felt like crying, because once again, I was vulnerable. The only person that could cheer me up right now was Jessamine, but recently, Jessamine seemed busier than ever, or there was something fishy happening. It was late afternoon already and coming from work, I was exhausted, and I still had to work again later at night.

Jessamine's last message to me was, "I love you too, Finn." I was still building up the hope that she was just busy and would talk about it later. I lied to her that I did not have work because if I said I have, she would not bother coming. Besides, my work was night shift. Whatever is bugging her right now, I hope she would tell me, and let me help her sort the problems out.

There were so many times in my life that I felt down, and one of them was this. If Jessamine would be here with me right now, I would feel better, because that girl would always be the sunshine to my stormy weather. Whenever she smiles at me, I could instantly forget the pain I felt. She would always brighten my day no matter what. But of course, not every moment has to have sunshine and rainbows, just like now wherein I had to go to Kayla's apartment once again. As tiring as it sounded, I had to.

Not wasting any time, I quickly dashed up the stairs towards her tiny narrow studio apartment. I did not speak up, but instead, just kept on rapping the door.

After a few seconds, Kayla opened the door and gave a smirk without saying anything at first, which made me grew impatient. "What do you want?"

"Come in." Since she was carrying another human being, she could not move well. She could only walk a few steps and returned to sitting on the bed.

"Kayla, whatever is it that you want, can you please-"

"Jessamine is such a snob."

I clenched my fist upon hearing that since there must be something she did for her to say that Jessamine is a snob. My anger boiled up and I was ready to hit her if it wasn't for my self-constraint. "Did you just-"

"Finn, stop being overdramatic. I did not kidnap her." Kayla rolled her eyes. "See this?" She showed me the paternity test that I left for her. "I sent this to Jessamine."

Before I replied anything, she immediately continued her statement. "I wonder how she's taking it now?"

The first thing that came to my mind was, the result was negative, and I should have nothing to worry about, right? But knowing Kayla she probably tampered it or only sent Jessamine a few parts of the test, and knowing Jessamine, she surely jumped to conclusions. Here I thought Kayla would do something really horrible, horrible meaning, violence. But here she is, being petty as fuck.