Chapter Thirteen: Do you believe that Marc got a 3.7 in his GPA once before?

I will see you again, oh
This is not where it ends
I will carry you with me, oh
'Till I see you again  

-Carrie Underwood (See You Again)

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Thirteen: Do you believe that Marc got a 3.7 in his GPA once before?

I widened my eyes because that wasn't what I expected. I thought we would have a decent video chat or something but this is what welcomed me.

Me: What? Right now?

Marc: Yeah, we're in a hotel. Since it's Saturday tomorrow, do you have time to meet with us?

Me: Are you kidding me? Of course! Please send me your location, or if you want, you can come here. I'm in NYU.

Marc: Sure, we'll just go there.

Me: Unbelievable, Marc. You're here in New York out of the sudden.

Marc: Courtney and I miss you so much. Since we're on break, we decided to have vacation here.

Me: I miss you guys too. :( Nothing feels the same without you guys.

Marc: You'll see us tomorrow. :)

Me: Alright, see you Marc! :) good night!

Marc: Good night Jessamine. Sweet dreams!

The moment he got offline, I returned my laptop on the desk. It was crazy how Marc would suddenly just pop up and message me that's he in New York. This is like Finn texting me that he's already in Philippines. Also, same as me texting Finn that I'm already in New York. We're people that love surprising other people.

I returned to studying Politics but my mind was clouded with Marc and Courtney. I missed them so much. My politics book was wide open, but I was reminiscing all the happy moments the three of us had when we were in high school. It was absurd how the three of us came from being group partners in a Science lab class to best friends to love triangle mayhem... then of course back to best friends.

It was ten thirty, and I felt really disappointed at myself for just finishing two chapters. You know how difficult college is? Some professors would teach three chapters in just one day, and would declare the next meeting as quiz day.

But I was motivated to finish what I have put myself into. I imagined myself standing in a court, defending the innocent. It would feel really awesome.

Or... I wonder what my step-mom is doing. If ever I catch her doing something bad, I'll sue her until I feel accomplished in avenging myself. I caught myself smiling slyly, how awful of me to seek vengeance on my own mother, step-mother to be exact.

I wanted to be the perfect daughter, who's kind, respectful, and industrious. But my step-mom was far from being the perfect mother. She was verbally abusive.

The sound of keys ringing made me alert that Brie was outside already. I immediately opened the windows and went back to bed and took my politics book.

"Hi Jessamine."

I peered to see Brie together with Luke again. I kept on wondering how Luke could enter our dorm since the security in here is strict.

"Hi Brie. Hi Luke." I placed down my book.

"Hello." Luke just dumped his bag on the floor. "We have food. Do you want to eat with us?"