Chapter Sixty: Please keep in touch.

Chapter Sixty: Please keep in touch.

The awkward five second eye contact made my whole body stiff. My mind raced to whether I wanted to just run away and not face the aftermath of the disaster but my legs seemed to make a decision on their own by slowly approaching Brianna.

No, not calling her Brie anymore. Not on a nickname basis anymore. Although her nickname would sound better under the acronym BBB: Big Bitch Brie.

"Oh, you're back."

Luke came out from the restroom holding few of Brianna's miscellaneous body care items, some lotions, make-up, facial masks, toothbrush. He placed them all in a small pouch and placed the pink pouch in a bigger luggage.

"Hi Luke." I spoke up dryly.

Apparently, the both of them were shoving everything Brianna owned in a big gym bag and in another trolley, which meant that the room would be for myself for the rest of the semester.

"Jessamine..." Brianna rolled her wheelchair close to me. "I need to talk with you."

The anger boiling inside me would almost reach its peak when I realized that the person in front of me had lost her sister in the process. No matter how cruel they were to me, a life was taken.

"What?" I spat out bitterly.

Luke did not even say anything despite my obvious anger towards his "love". But whatever I felt right now, it was not strong enough for me to wanting to punch Brianna at all.

"I am sorry." Her sorry was very strong, very definite- like she meant every letter of the word. The sorry that made me heart flip, made me want to forgive her instantly, but I wanted to remind myself that I too was just lucky enough to be alive from her wrongdoings. "I am sorry I could not stop my sister."

Waves of emotions flashed from her eyes, as if she felt sorry for her sister and for me and felt the anger for the universe that forced her to be in such a situation.

"I am sorry... but I know who Finn is from the very beginning. I am sorry that I told Kayla about you. I am sorry for her threats which I did not know about until the day I was interrogated at the police station. I am sorry for being a bit jealous on you and Connor which made me angry at you and-" She suddenly broke down and desperately needed air because of her fast speaking.

"Yo Brie slow down." Luke gently rubbed circles on her back while sympathetically looking at her. "Relax."

"I can't. I continue to have nightmares. My guilt can't handle it anymore." Her mascara was heavily stained from the wetness of her tears.

Her crying this bad made me feel uneasy, but it was not her only who have nightmares. I wanted a peaceful life here in New York as I battle to remain a scholarship grantee in order to get a good future. Why couldn't I just have that?

"Kayla was hysterical to know that Finn loves you and not her, despite Finn being so nice to her." Brianna continued, "Finn was there for her when no one else was."

My heart crumpled upon listening to Brianna's words.

"Kayla suffered from a drug addiction and was sexually abused before." Brianna shut her eyes, trying to recall the moments. "She found the light when she met Finn again, after breaking up for God knows how long. And honestly, I did not even know she came back here in New York because I thought she would stay at Edmund. We only met from the streets, and I was surprised that she was pregnant already, with a big tummy."

Her sentences weighed heavily to the point that I did not know how to react, nor which part to react. I almost forgot about Finn making Kayla pregnant, but my heart was too constricted knowing Kayla was sexually abused. She might be evil, but she was definitely not deserving of any sexual abuse... not any woman.