Chapter One: Asian, have a pen?

A/N: This is it! Second book of International Date Line!

I suggest you go read International Date Line first before you read this. Story is in external link, or go to my profile and check it out :)

Please add this to your library and or reading list! :)

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share! :)

Check the cast too, by the way :)

"Keep in mind, the tougher the lesson, the bigger the blessing."

Chapter One: Asian, have a pen?

"Uh, I'm going to have another Monday sickness!" Brianna, or I always called her Brie, my dorm mate, was cramming for an exam for tomorrow. Her rants disturbed so much I couldn't focus on my own studies.

"Will you please quiet down? I'm trying to study here." I complained as I flipped through the pages. Two more to go. Lucky for me I studied in advance all the time, because I was afraid I might not get any time to study one day before the actual test day. Still the nerdy type I remained even if I moved on from my past life and started a fresh new life. But college is quite different...you're never going to finish working because once you've finished a task, another one comes.

Since I was surrounded with intelligent people, I seemed like a mediocre there. Even if I studied hard all day long, despite the fact that I also worked to earn cash, my grades were average, and sometimes almost failing. Maybe because I wasn't really used to living in a foreign land.

"Sorry Jessamine, it's difficult and I'm going crazy!" She lay on her bed and threw the book on the floor. Seeing her long brown hair flowing, I stopped studying and approached her, running my fingers on her hair. She started laughing and got up. I did this for her own good, since she hated someone tickling her hair. 

"Is your hair brown?"

"Jessamine, quit it! I dyed my hair. I'm actually blonde." Her big caramel eyes stared at me as she took my wrist. "I hate it when you do that!"

She started giggling. I didn't know why foreigners in general were beautiful, whether males or females. But Brie looked a lot more beautiful with make up on, because I had seen her with no make-up, totally a different person.

I smiled and took the book from the floor. "You need to study, Brie."

"Fine! Ugh!" She snatched her book from me and started studying I smiled wider and returned to studying myself.

My name's Jessamine Han and I was from Philippines. Because of a person, I tried to apply myself here at New York University. You could say people might be jealous of my life, but I'd rather not people do that. I worked at a coffee shop as a cashier to earn money, and maintaining my grades for a scholarship is not easy either. I always believed though, after earning my degree here, would lead me to a good future as a lawyer.

After a couple of hours, I brushed my teeth and slept. Brie was still studying so I didn't turn off the lights. We still got school tomorrow, so I dozed off. Lucky for me, I still had time to sleep...because this is just the beginning.

***

"Asian, have a pen?" I looked at the person beside me, none other than Caleb, a guy who liked calling Asian people Asian.

I took out a pen and handed it to him. He smiled as he received my pen. "Thanks. Good luck with the exam today."

I didn't show any expression at all. "Good luck too."