Chapter Fifty-Five: She... She doesn't have anyone.

Chapter Fifty-Five: She... She doesn't have anyone.

Connor's POV

When Jessamine called for me, her crying voice echoed inside my head, making me worry. Before that, I already contemplated on stopping myself from going after Jessamine. It would do no good to me nor her. My mother threatened to remove her scholarship if I continued this, and at the same time, she has a boyfriend already. Why would I actually fall in love with someone who has a boyfriend?

Before she called, I was taking a warm shower, thinking about how much of an idiotic person I am. Maybe I should just give up and move on, pretend that I didn't meet her. I would pretend I did not meet someone who changed my life for the better, pretend that I just knew how to stand up for what I believe in all of a sudden.

After I showered, my phone suddenly rang which annoyed me at first, but my heart skipped a bit when it was Jessamine. Immediately, I answered her call, expecting something like, "Is it okay if I ask you to drive me back to my dorm?" Or like "Ugh I hate this seminar it's so boring." But instead, a crying Jessamine surprised me.

Hearing her voice made me weak again, and everything I have thought of while showering, had disappeared in an instant. Giving up, huh? Hearing Jessamine's voice again made me even think about her more. It made me wonder what happened, and what her boyfriend did to her, but my instincts told me to go to her immediately because she obviously needed someone.

Seeing her crying and vulnerable, it broke me into pieces. I just wanted her to be happy, but she was far from being happy.

I know I can treat you better... Than he can. And any girl like you deserves a gentleman...

Giving her a warm, tight embrace was what I could do. I sucked at saying comforting words, and I wasn't sure what I could say to make her happy. So I hoped my actions could suffice, to make her feel that I was there for her.

Tell me why are we wasting time on all your wasted crying when you should be with me instead...?

But damn, I did not know what just happened. I was sure it was not only me but also her, but we kissed. We. Fucking. Kissed. It was so surreal. I knew we have kissed before, but it was because we're both drunk. I couldn't even recall what truly happened after.

I know I can treat you better... Better than he can.

But wow, kissing her just felt so good. I knew it was wrong because I felt like I was taking advantage of her vulnerability. As selfish as it sounded, it felt as if it was the perfect opportunity to bring her to like me. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't stealing her away from her boyfriend. I mean, yes, I was but... Since her boyfriend was a lying, cheating skank, I felt the need to protect her from getting hurt.

The kiss felt like heaven, and I would kill to have it again. Somehow, some part me thought that Jessamine might have just kissed me because she wanted a rebound or something, to distract herself from the pain... But I didn't care, because I love her, and I was willing to do anything just to make her happy.

Even if it meant hurting myself.

At first, the kiss felt as if it was a surprise. Like I did not know it was going to happen. But when I realized it was wrong, so I stopped, Jessamine took me by surprise by saying fuck it and kissed me again either way.

It was a deep passionate kiss and it made me felt that the time stopped. and nothing mattered except only the two of us. The passionate kiss suddenly turned into a lustful one but she suddenly stopped when she finally realized what I had realized earlier. I would say I was disappointed, really disappointed, but it should be the right thing.