Chapter Forty-Nine: If you don't, then you won't like what will happen.

Chapter Forty-Nine: If you don't, then you won't like what will happen.

Finn's POV

The phone kept on ringing and I was scared that my uncle wouldn't accept the call. I worriedly waited and thought maybe it was the wrong time to call. But when should I call? It's like already 8 am there right? Time difference, even if it's just 3 hours, kind of sucked.

"Hello?"

My hopes went up afterwards. "Uncle Roland?"

"Who's this?" The man grunted, seemingly not having the time to talk.

"Your nephew Finn!"

"Oh, Finn boy. How's New York going?"

What I was dreading about Uncle Roland was that I wasn't exactly his favorite nephew because he and my dad's relationship was pretty volatile. Sometimes they would actually seem like they're on the same page but sometimes they don't. The good thing though, at least he didn't hate me too, so I still got a glint of hope inside me.

"Same old uncle. Same old."

"Really? Your voice doesn't seem like everything's the same though."

I gave a huge sigh and stopped beating around the bush. "Uncle, I really need you to do me a favor please."

"What kind?"

My heart was beating fast because if uncle Roland would not agree to it, I wouldn't know what to do anymore because I didn't even have a plan B.

"My mom has a tumor in her brain and she needs a surgery."

There was a long pause and I was scared that he might hang up the phone anytime soon. Suddenly, he spoke up with a sympathetic tone that surprised me. "How is she right now?"

"Not really good. She gets headaches every now and then."

"I know a surgeon here in California but bills will be expensive."

I bit my lip, hoping he could at least think about it. "Uncle, is it okay if we borrow some money? I'll promise to repay you in installment."

There was another pause on the line which made me nervous. "We'll talk about this later on. I am heading for a meeting."

"Yes uncle. Thank you."

It made my heart beat fast because my uncle would be the only chance left. Whatever he would want me to do, I'll do it just as long as he pay first mom's surgery because I couldn't just cash out 50,000 dollars in an instant.

I went out my room and headed towards my mother's room to check if everything's fine. She was asleep soundly and I felt at ease.

I decided to go back to the hospital before going to work to claim my results for the paternity test that was long released but I couldn't get because I was busy. The reason I decided to go for a test was because the months Kayla was pregnant just wouldn't add up if I was the father. If that didn't mean fishy at all then I didn't know what is.

Before I left the house, I prepared some food for my mother so that she could have something to eat once she wakes up. She wasn't that dependently sick yet so I was hoping I could solve the situation as soon as possible.

Driving to the hospital, my mind was cluttered with thoughts about how my life was in a mess. Everything would be easier if I were richer, honestly. I wanted my mother to stop working. Heck I also wanted myself to stop working too much because of my asthma.

I wanted to text Jessamine but she actually gave the hint that she's going to be busy with exams. I didn't know why all of the sudden she's busy.

"Good morning sir." The secretary greeted me with a smile.