Chapter Thirty-Four: Because you're a jerk, that's why.

When Caleb said "office", he meant the Debate organization room. Since I wanted him to confront me about his little bet with Tyrone, I agreed and followed him to the room.

My phone vibrated and it was from Connor.

Connor: If he does anything to you call me immediately.

Me: Don't worry, I bet he knows his limits.

As a gentleman, he still opened the door for me, and gave me a chair to sit on while he sit on his favorite movable chair. At first, he was just looking at me and my stony face, but he proceeded to talk.

"You might know the reason why I ask you to come here and talk to me." He tried to keep his calm as much as possible. "You've been avoiding my calls for practice all the time, and surprisingly, you still won. What's the catch?"

"I studied and practiced myself." I said in a bitter tone.

"That's not what I meant." Caleb found my answer amusing because he suddenly gave out a laugh. "Why are you ignoring my calls for practice?"

I closed my eyes, let out a deep breath, and answered. "Because you're a jerk, that's why."

He surprised me by laughing even harder. "You seriously need to know how to differentiate academics, organization life, and social life."

I answered in a retort. "What's the point? You're just a jerk dressed up as an executive Vice President."

That probably hit him hard.

Caleb rubbed his hand on his chin, and afterwards, he crossed his arm. "And why am I a jerk?"

"Well, you and Tyrone played this silly bet called who will take this Asian's virginity first. Do you know how sick that is?" My temper started to grow, and if ever I get even more triggered, I might just hit him using my trophy.

What made me angry was that he gave a smirk as a reply. Afterwards, he finally spoke up, "I'm sorry."

"You do not even sound sorry at all. You think everything's a joke. Now I know the reason why you and Tyrone are suddenly nice to me and ask me out often, it's because of this stupid bet. Now I know why you are too nice to me, it's because you want to make me lose my virginity. I've always wondered that, now I knew the answer. Why do you even see me as if I am some person to be easily fooled? I am a woman, and a woman does not fall into a jerk's trap. Do you think I'll be this stupid to have sex with you or your friend Tyrone? My dignity has a bigger value than whatever you are going to win in this bet."

"Well, if I lose the bet, I lose my dignity and a hundred bucks. Either way it's not like Tyrone's going to win."

"A hundred bucks?" That made me even more furious. "What the hell! You're so pathetic! You wanted to win this bet just so you can win a hundred bucks?"

Caleb raised his eyebrows and gave a comment. "Yeah, and my dignity too. I should be careful next time in order not to trigger a debate champion."

"Whatever, Caleb. You and Tyrone are the biggest jerks I have ever seen in my life."

"I'm sorry." He gave a sigh. "Man, I mean, wow look at you. Ladies throw their butts at me and here you are, getting angry just because of our bet."

I stood up and repeatedly pointed him because of the anger that kept on boiling inside me. "I am not someone that likes to mess around!"

Caleb wasn't really reacting that much, because, why would he? "Yes, and now I know. I'm sorry."

"So you think saying sorry will just make me forget about everything? You asked me out a lot of times just because you want to go to bed with me. I really thought that you want me to be your friend and feel welcomed here in this university." My eyes started to fill with tears, because somehow, the anger inside me probably boiled up already and I couldn't take it anymore. What kind of day is this? I won the champion for debate competition but here I am, crying. Not to mention that stupid Finn just left without even saying why.