Chapter Forty-Seven: Hey no it's alright. I can enjoy the chicken alone.

"As money demand starts to increase, interest rates increase because this will result to people preferring to hold less money, to reach equilibrium in the financial market."

I wanted to cut this class because I was worried about Finn with his mother needing a brain surgery and him not having that huge amount of money. I wanted to see Finn and his mother again but he kept on telling me not to get worried.

How could I not get worried? His mother needed a freakin' surgery but he didn't have the money.

"So are you going to the seminar for the competition?" Rob Young asked me. He was sitting beside me and we were fed up with the lesson. I didn't know Rob Young had the same major as me before. It was until I stepped foot on my first majors class till I realized Rob Young has the same major as I do.

"Yeah. I guess. I mean, it's opportunity right?"

"It's cool. See you then. If you want someone to go with you then call me."

I nodded and gave a smile.

Before going to the cafeteria, I stopped by at the library to reserve a book I needed for my homework. I texted Finn again to ask how everything was and his reply was the usual, "Please don't worry baby."

While searching for the book, I heard a familiar voice together with another voice which seemed angry. I couldn't help but be evil and eavesdrop again. To my surprise, it's Atreyi and Nia.

"I thought you're going to tell Jordan but you keep on blowing it off." Nia seemed pissed with the fact that Atreyi chickened out.

"Do you expect me to just randomly shit out my real identity?"

"It's not my fault you've put yourself into a mess like this." Nia raised her hands in frustration and their voices were beginning to increase.

"Wow. Did you try to open up to any of your friends? To Jayme? To Ethan?"

"That's none of your business! Those people can wait but Jordan can't do you know that? It's really unfair that you led him on."

"Well it's none of your business too if I tell Jordan or not."

They were starting to get too loud that's why some people started hushing on them. I felt bad for eavesdropping so I just continued searching for my book. I didn't know what to do with this situation. First, I knew I was wrong in eavesdropping but I didn't do it on purpose. It's just I was always unlucky that I was in the position where I could eavesdrop on whatever Atreyi was doing with Nia. Second, now that I knew what was happening, which was Nia and Atreyi fighting, not doing anything isn't really a solution either. I mean come on. Your friend must be feeling really frustrated now, but what could I do? I felt like I had been interfering with my friends' lives a lot already.

I left the library after scanning the barcode of the book and inputting my ID number. My stomach growled a little bit so I hurriedly went to the cafeteria to grab myself lunch. I was happy to see Maurice and Hailey together on our favorite seat.

"Hello!" I forced a smile and placed my tray on the table.

"Hey..." The two of them said together in unison with sad voices.

"Uh..." As I slowly sat down, I studied their gloomy faces. "Have you had your lunch yet?"

"Yes." Hailey answered and gave a polite smile.

"I'm not really hungry." Maurice gave a sigh.

"Uhm..." I swallowed a huge lump on my throat. "So is it okay if I sit with you guys?"