Chapter Sixteen: I kept on wondering if there's a non-remix version of Ignition

Hi! :)

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!x

Chapter Sixteen: I kept on wondering ever since if there's a non-remix original version of Ignition

"You like Brie?" I widened my eyes with surprise. "You've got to be kidding me." Actually, it's not surprising because it was kind of obvious already.

Connor was the shy type of guy, so he was not the one who would proudly say, "Yeah, Brie is beautiful." Instead, he was overwhelmed with what he just told me, probably regretting it. "I just... yeah... I do."

Upon recalling everything that happened, I tried to solve the puzzle that would lead to this issue. The first day I had met Connor, he was antsy with Brie being present. Likewise, Brie felt the same thing. Then there were instances that when Connor's name was mentioned, Brie would pull down her lips. Okay, no need to place the puzzle pieces together, since the answer was already given to me. The next question should be, why would Connor suddenly tell me about this?

"So..." As much as possible, I balance out my eye contact with him then at the table. "What's the catch?"

Connor twitched his lip and his green eyes were illuminated but clouded with sadness. "She's dating Luke, right? I just don't understand why she hates me so much."

Maybe he wanted to ask for advice or something. "Uhm, yeah I think. I am not sure though if they are official or something."

"Oh."

After that, it was dead silence. He was not the type of person to express much, as far as I knew. I on the other hand, did not know what to do because he was not giving that much of a hint.

"Well..." I cocked my head in order to show him that this session was kind of awkward. "Maybe you'd like to tell me everything that happened so that I could help assess your problem?"

It was difficult for him at first to start the whole story telling. But since I insisted that it was because of him that's why the topic was suddenly opened up, he finally accepted defeat and started to talk.

"Well I've known her ever since high school. I developed a crush on her because of our school's Sports Fest. She was playing volleyball while I was there on the bleachers admiring her. We were friends before, but I could not admit my feelings for her because you know me."

I nodded, "Go on."

"I don't understand what was happening between the both of us though. We were close. She was clingy. I did not know what we're doing. I like her, but I don't know if she likes me."

I rolled my eyes. "You're too oblivious, Con. She definitely likes you."

"How do you even tell? She's like that to guys."

"Whatever. Continue."

"So... during our graduation, she got angry at me because I did not apply to NYU which I told her I would to make her happy. Since my dad just wants me to help in his business. That's the start where our friendship suddenly disappeared..."

I shook my head and finally understood why Brie hated Connor so much. First, Brie obviously likes Connor. Second, it's actually Connor's fault because he did not admit his feelings for him and he broke his promise.

"So, from the five of us, only Luke and Caleb are going to study in NYU. Tyrone went to trade school..."

"Trade school?" That was my first time hearing something like that.

"He said he's too dumb for college, but then he did not really continue trade school anyway after the first few months." Connor shrugged.

It was weird how Connor was friends with those kind of people. Look at him and look at them.