Chapter Twenty-Eight: He seemed like frat bro don't you think?

"This is adorable but I'm not into that kind of stuff."

Finn and I were in a shopping mall because the both of us realized we had never spent time together in a mall. He was holding a Little Twin Star stuffed toy as he showed it to me. I wasn't really into stuffed toys though.

"You're hard to please." He placed it back the on the shelf.

My mouth hung open. "No I am not. I am just not into those kinds of things."

"What are you into? Shoes?"

I shrugged. "Can be."

He held my hand was we walked around the mall, discovering stuff that interest us.

"What else do you like aside from shoes?" Finn asked while looking at designer clothes for women.

"Video games I guess, and..." My eyes wandered off from Calvin Klein's to a bookstore. "Books. I love books."

"Nerdy, but cute." Finn gave a smirk.

Immediately, I grabbed Finn's hand and pulled him to the bookstore. He seemed amused that I was excited for the first time the whole day.

"Woah, Jessamine, I might trip."

Dragging him as if we're running away from a zombie apocalypse, I laughed. "Who cares?"

"Man, I wish you love me as much as you love books."

The moment we arrived, I tried to joke. "Sorry, Finn, books over boys."

"I lost to a book, damn."

We stopped at an aisle full of fiction books as I let go of his hand. "But I want to share the thing I love to you, so you must be special."

Finn's face softened. "I guess, but I love books too, so..."

We spent almost an hour just sitting on the floor, reading opened books together. I took John Green's Paper Towns and showed Finn that he should be a Quentin, finding a Margo.

"It's shameful to me but you're the Quentin, because you found me." Finn tap his finger on the tip of my nose, making me blink. "I love you."

"I love books." I closed the book and returned it back to the shelf as I searched for the titles that peak my interest. Suddenly, Finn wrapped his arms around my waist from behind as he whispered to me, "I'm jealous that you chose books over me, baby."

"Get over it." I flipped open a book written by M.L. Stedman entitled, The Light Between Oceans, while enjoying his warm, secure hug from behind. I started reading the first chapter as I swayed a bit while Finn was still hugging me, also reading the book.

I flipped it to the next page but Finn stopped my hand and flipped it back to the first page, "I'm not yet done. Don't be rude."

"I think maybe we should leave." I whispered to him as I returned the book. When Finn's face registered confusion, I used my lips and twitched them discreetly to the right side. Two old women were observing us.

"We've spent quite a long time here now, didn't we?"

He held my hand and we casually went out of the bookstore. We continued strolling around and this time, Finn was the one excitedly bringing me somewhere.

"Hey Finn!" I chuckled. "Slow down."

"The latest version of Call of Duty."

We're at a video game store and on their display was the case of Call of Duty. The both of us stood there, staring at the glass window. I could sense that Finn wanted it badly.