Chapter Sixty-Three: I... I don't want to live my life with regrets.

"I am so sorry."

I was tending on Connor's swollen bruise and a small scar on the side of his lip in his room. It was not my intention to go to his house, but because Finn came all of a sudden and just ruined everything, I felt responsible to fix the situation. On the table was a container full of cotton balls, and an opened bottle of alcohol. As I pressed the bag of ice, Connor winced a bit, which made me increase my worry even more.

"I am sorry Connor I am not a nurse and-"

"It's okay."

I continued pressing the ice bag on his cheek, making him wince more, but eventually he got over the pain and took the ice bag himself.

"Your boyfriend punches well. What is he, a boxer?" Connor tried to crack a joke despite his voice sounding bitter. Should I remind him that I broke up with Finn in front of him?

I rolled my eyes, not giving him an answer. My mind was still tangled and confused with what just happened. Finn disappeared for a few days and today he came back. Was it because of my birthday? Probably. But he couldn't just come back out of the blue and then punched Connor in front of me like that. Did he not know that hitting someone else on purpose was wrong? Connor was seriously hurt with that strong hit. I couldn't even imagine the pain he was feeling right now.

"Your bruise feeling better?" I returned the cotton and the bottle of alcohol back to the cabinet and sat back down.

"Nope, but I can manage it." He shrugged while looking at me. When I only looked at him back without saying a word, he chuckled a bit. "You seemed to be really scared of my bruise."

The bruise did make me shiver a bit because not only did it hurt for sure but also it was from Finn, and obviously my fault. Now the thought of me being a hoe made me shiver even more.

"It just looks like it hurts."

Connor delicately pressed the ice bag all around the sides of his lips, toying with it like a ten-year-old child, which made me cross my arms and shoot him a disappointed look. When the ice inside started melting, he tossed the plastic inside the trash can, which I was not sure if he was just trying to show off that he was tough, or he just had it with the freezing and numbing fingers.

"You got a real crazy boyfriend, huh?" Again, with the boyfriend remark. He just wanted me to say it all over again that we broke up literally, one hour ago?

I honestly did not know what happened. Maybe it was due to the spur of the moment emotional reaction seeing Finn coming back and punching Connor out of the blue. Finn wrecked my life. He gave me questions that I pondered about non-stop. Who was the pregnant girl? Did he disappear just because I blocked his number that night? Does he even know I got into an accident? How long had he been lying to me? How did he know Connor?

Most importantly, how could he just do this to me? I thought he genuinely loves me.

Great, I got several questions but 0 answers. I did not expect to have them answered any time soon, or maybe never at all. I broke up with him, because my heart yelled to me that I should.

My emotions were swirling a while ago, wrecking me inside as if I was trapped in the middle of the ocean, wanting to break free.

"You're okay now?" I tried to revert the conversation back to his scar, despite the look on his face showed that he's obviously not okay.

"Better. Thank you, Jessamine."

His green eyes were just piercing right through me, which made my breathing harder than ever.