Chapter Twenty-Six: Maybe you have adapted on being a New Yorker now

Hi! Lovelies

I know, it's been too long. But just so you know, I'm still writing this book. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Twenty-Six: Maybe you have adapted on being a New Yorker now

Spice Symphony.

Just what I remembered.

The scent of Asian cuisine, with the mix of Chinese and Indian, hovering around the air as I entered the restaurant. The brown wooden-like walls were still the brown that I remembered, together with the yellow lighting and Chinese dragon decorations on the ceiling.

Cilantro, lime, sweet-and-sour sauce combined together to form this delectable smell that ran to my nose. It was amazing how they could incorporate the familiar taste of Chinese delectable and the tangy Indian relish. Maybe I could order myself a bowl of noodles because I missed being the Asian that I am proud of.

The waiter who immediately approached me as I first stepped on the restaurant gave a sincere smile. "Good evening, miss. May I help you?"

"I have a friend..." It was complex to search for the person you are about to have a date with out of the many chattering customers inside I was tip-toeing already to find Finn and the waiter just asked me the name.

"Finn Andersen?" I was too eager to see Finn because this is the moment I have been waiting for, having a date with him here.

"Right this way, miss."

He was actually sitting somewhere near the AC, his back facing me. I nodded thanks to the waiter and I did not immediately call Finn. As the non-cliché fun girl, I googled a picture of Sadako and thought of ways on how to show it to him. He was busy scrolling at his phone checking out some CNN news, so I decided to send it to him via iMessage.

I tried hard not to laugh.

His phone vibrated and behind him, I saw him reading the notification, "Jessamine sent a photo." He quickly pressed it and waited for it to load.

I was biting my lip because I was excited to see Finn's reaction. When the photo popped up, I was disappointed to see Finn not moving or anything, instead, he typed a reply.

"What the?" I whispered to myself. This Finn is one tough cookie.

My phone then notified me with Finn's message,

Finn: Are you waiting for me to pull the chair for you? Because I will, once you stop hiding behind me. ;)

Because of that, I mentally gave myself a slap.

"Good evening, Finn." I rolled my eyes the moment I sat in front of him. I did not wait for him to stand up and pull the chair for me because every independent woman knows there's no need for a man to do that for her.

"Good evening, Jessamine." His face brightened as he gave his teeth showing smile. That handsome face of his never ceased to amaze me. His disheveled blonde hair once again was on point as he ran his fingers on it at the same time he leaned on the chair. Wearing a checkered red polo shirt that match his faded blue jeans, he is the epitome of a Calvin Klein model.

I crossed my arms and looked at him with dismay. "You seem bubbly today."

"Why not?" He raised his eyebrows and his cheeks formed dimples. "Can't be happier than having a date with the girl of my dreams."

"Go have a date with Sadako." That was very juvenile, Jessamine.

He rubbed his chin and bobbed his head up and down slowly. "I never tried dating a ghost before."