Chapter Five: You probably kissed that American guy before?

It's you, it's you, it's all for you
Everything I do
I tell you all the time
Heaven is a place on earth with you
Tell me all the things you want to do
I heard that you like the bad girls honey, is that true?  

- Video Games by Lana Del Rey

Don't forget to vote, spam with comments, and share! :)

Chapter Five: You probably kissed that American guy before?

I waited the whole day and he didn't come back, which crushed my heart. Somehow inside of me, I believed he would come back and find me, after all we had been through a lot before.

But he didn't. I could draw two possible inference. First, he might be really busy. Second, he gave up coming back for me.

I didn't mind. Going back to dorm from work, I saw Brie studying on her bed. The moment she saw me, she immediately asked where I was last night.

I quickly thought of a lie and stammered, "I...uhm...went to... Hailey's dorm."

"Really? Alright." She then went back to studying.

Okay? I thought to myself. I could easily pretend that nothing happened.

Turning on my laptop, I reviewed my lessons again. Tomorrow is Monday again and thinking about it made me frustrated.

My laptop then kept on notifying me, and I realized it's from Skype. Marc had sent me plenty of messages, but I didn't read any of them. Right now, I decided that I needed to.

Marc: Hey...

Marc: It's been a long time since we've had a video chat.

Marc: I want to talk to you.

Marc: I mean, I need to talk to you.

Marc: Maybe, straighten things out.

Marc: Please leave a reply if you have seen my message. Thanks.

I quickly replied him with a "Hi" but since he's offline. He wouldn't answer me back, so I went back to studying.

After two hours, Marc sent me a message, saying if we could have a video chat. I turned to see what Brie was doing, and she's already sleeping.

I plugged in my earphones to my laptop and started calling Marc. At this exact moment, I wasn't really thrilled anymore. Somehow, I missed him but a part of me didn't want to know what he wanted to talk about.

He smiled thinly the moment he answered my video call. He's still the same Marc I knew when I was in Philippines, handsome, charming, and kind-faced. I waved my hand and said hi.

"Hey, you're...skinnier." Marc's voice was full of worry.

"Food here is expensive." I chuckled, and kept on assuring him that I was okay living here.

"If you insist then..."

We kept on staring each other for a while. I felt like there's something holding him back. He wanted to say something, right? Since he said he wanted to straighten things out.

Finally, he spoke up. "Are we..."

I raised my eyebrows, waiting for him to continue.

"Are we..." He pursed his lips and let out a heavy sigh. "Are we in a relationship? I mean, it doesn't seem like it if we are."