Chapter Forty-Four: You mean around 4 years? I've been waiting for four years

Connor's POV

It pained me not to talk to her. Ignoring her was something I couldn't believe I would do because she was the only person who was true enough that convinced me to stand up for myself.

No I don't like her romantically. Shut up.

But somehow I got pissed when Brie told me that she's already taken.

Fine. I like her. I was jealous to whoever that lucky guy is.

I mean come on, look at her. She's not exactly a beautiful material unlike Brie. Brie really is beautiful I got to admit, but there's something about Jessamine that you would want to explore more- the side of her you would want to live with for the rest of your life.

There were plenty of times I had encountered befriending an Asian, but none was like Jessamine. With Jessamine, you could trust her fully.

But what the hell did I do? I lied to her about Tyrone and Caleb. Okay, in my defense it wasn't my idea at all. The truth is, there really WAS a bet, but it's not about getting her virginity, but whoever could ask Jessamine to be his girlfriend.

While the girlfriend thing seemed like a jerk move, it was at least, shallow compared to the virginity thing. But these two wouldn't take dating seriously, so if Jessamine had fallen one of the two, she would get hurt.

"Your ugly plan almost destroyed my reputation." Caleb said to Tyrone after drinking a shot.

"Relax." Always the person who knew how to keep calm, Tyrone drank a shot and gave a smirk to Caleb. "You caught the culprit anyway."

"Yeah but Jessamine would not really just yell the hell out of me if it wasn't because of the virginity thing."

"Does not change if she knew that we're betting about having her as a girlfriend."

Caleb tilted his head and raised his eyebrows. "You have a point though."

"But damn, she's really cute." Tyrone poured down the alcohol on his glass and drank another shot.

"Cute as in?" Luke interjected.

"Cute...pretty cute, like a young girl with strong personality." Caleb helped answered the question.

"That's far from your type, Tyrone." Luke darted his eyes skeptically on him.

"Yeah but why not?"

"Tyrone is implying that he never hit on Asians." Erwin finally joined the conversation.

"But she's cute, I have to admit." Caleb gave a smile upon looking at Erwin.

Erwin nodded. "So you actually plan on hitting on her too?"

"This is crazy. The three of you all wanted to hit on her. Is she that pretty? I mean for me, she's just average. Like... Meh." Luke drank the rest of the bottle and ordered another bottle of alcohol.

"I am not like the both of them." I grunted. "I sincerely like her unlike Caleb and Tyrone!"

"That's why we gave way for you." Tyrone gave another one of his signature smirks as his bright blue eyes turned to me.

"I actually regret lying to her."

"She hates the both of us anyway, not you." Caleb seemed confused why I was acting frustrated.

"Yeah but still-" I gave a huge sigh while looking at my still empty glass. I didn't bother touching the bottle at all.

The truth was, the sleeping pills thing was their idea for me to look heroic. Now I felt stupid for everything.