Chapter Thirty-Nine: You wouldn't do something that will ruin my image, right?

Chapter Thirty-Nine: You wouldn't do something that will ruin my image, right?

"Wha-what are you saying?" I got nervous all of a sudden.

"Wait, if I'm correct, is Caleb one of our customers? The one who got his car fixed?"

"Well..." I swallowed a huge lump in my throat. "What's with him?"

Finn started to speak up in a verbatim manner, as if he was reading something. "Debate competition winner Jessamine Han bagging the actual two in one trophy Caleb Porter, the executive vice president of Debate Club. It is rumored that Han willingly allowed herself to be in an affair with Porter just so she could bring home the bacon. Not only-"

"What the hell are you saying?" My hands turned sweaty and I felt really weak. First of all, those are not true. Like hell nothing's true. Second, where was Finn reading that? I could sense that Connor left to give space for me.

There was a pause on the line before he said, "Baby..."

"I don't understand what you're saying and none of those are true."

Finn gave a deep sigh. "I hope too. I don't want to get mad at you by jumping to conclusions but can you explain to me why this even exist?"

He didn't seem mad on the line though but surely, he's upset. Why, I was upset either, because what was that anyway?

"I don't know and I swear to god that whatever you're reading, is not true." As minute kept on passing by, I was getting more and more worried. "I need to know what that is all about. Heck even I don't know what that is. Can I like explain it or something?"

"Alright. If you wish..." Finn's voice became softer and softer. "Can I go to you tomorrow?"

"I'd rather go to your house tomorrow, after school."

"Okay, Jessamine. See you then."

He called me Jessamine, not baby, and he hung up without saying bye or I love you. This is getting ridiculous. Seriously, I didn't understand where Finn read that. More to that, I didn't understand why that existed in the first place. Connor came back and saw me getting really worried, and as gentleman as he is, he didn't ask me what's wrong. Instead, he asked me if he should bring me back to my dorm.

While at the car ride, I was silent, paranoid about the whole situation. So first of all, Caleb kept on asking me out, yeah, to win the bet. But recalling Finn's words, I did not willingly allow myself to be in an affair. What? So going to dates is considered an affair now? I wanted to slap Caleb if ever I was given the opportunity. Like shut up whatever the thing Finn is reading. I am not the type of person who would just let go of my own dignity just to win the award. It's my own blood and sweat and tears! I won that award fair and square! Who's the person to say that I won the award because of Caleb?

When I was talking with Finn on the phone, I was still at shock, not knowing what happened. But right now, while it was peaceful on the outside, my blood kept on boiling. I wanted to scream, yell... Heck I wanted to maybe stab the person who wrote that thing...

What if it's Caleb himself?

Is it possible that because Caleb hated me that's why he did this? At first I kept on thinking the reasons why he would even do it, considering his image would be ruined too. But I didn't think he would... right? Because even if he hated me, which he had no right to do, since it should be me hating him... he wouldn't write something like this...

Wait wait... where did Finn see it anyway? Crap, I should have asked. At least I would deduce something from it. But who knows about Caleb thing?

Atreyi, Hailey, and Maurice...but they're my friends. And why would any of them suddenly post something like this? Where did Finn read it anyway? Urgh... I was getting more and more paranoid.