Chapter Fifty-Eight: Wow right...so should we barge in or nah?

Chapter Fifty-Eight: Wow right...so should we barge in or nah?

"Mama, why do you go to the white place all the time?"

"Now, now, Jessamine. Your mama just needs to visit the white place to have a relaxing sleep on the beds there!"

"Really mama? Can I sleep with you too?"

"No, honey, you can sleep on your own bed with Mrs. Snuffles."

"But mama, I want to sleep with you and Mrs. Snuffles also! We can enjoy the white bed in the white place." I extended my arms to show my mother my stuffed toy, Mrs. Snuffles. "Look mama. Mrs. Snuffles wants to talk to you!" I changed my voice to a high pitched one, while shaking Mrs. Snuffles. "Hi Jessamine's mother! I want to share the bed with you together with Jessamine!"

"Mrs. Snuffles." My mother knelt down to reach eye-level with my stuffed toy. "You should take care of Jessamine when I'm away, okay? Don't worry. I'll be back. The white bed will not let me relax in a long time. And Jessamine, honey?"

I felt disappointed when my mother insisted that I should not go to the white place with her.

"Why mama?"

"Study hard always and be the best version of you!" She gave me thumbs up. "And of course, you're sad right now because I will not allow you to sleep on the white bed, but trust me... It's better to sleep on your own bed with Mrs. Snuffles."

My mama would always want the best for me, I was sure she had good intentions.

"Jessamine, you are a good girl. Look at you, achieving so much in life! Mama is very proud of you." My mother took my hand for a while and afterwards, started to leave.

"Mama? Mama! Mama!" I started to chase her, running, overcoming whatever obstacles in front. "Mama, don't leave me!"

"Jessamine, mama loves you. Continue to be the best version of yourself. Papa and I will be happy seeing you become a famous lawyer one day." Suddenly, papa was beside her. Both of them was smiling at me, and started disappearing.

"Mama! Papa! Don't leave me, please! Please!" I continued running, continued yelling, but nothing seemed to work. They just disappeared midair. "No!"

"Ahhhhh!" My eyes immediately opened, with my body shaking so much. Everything felt real. It felt like I was a 10 again.

Where was I? I scanned the whole room, shocked that I was not even in my own bed. I was wearing a white gown, only hearing the sound of the IV dripping. I did not even remember what happened, and why I was here.

Hospitals.

Was it because I was here in the hospital room that's why I dreamt of my parents? My heart started to break into pieces when I realized I was alone in this frigid room. While my body felt numb from being on the bed God knows how long, inside of me was feeling empty.

I wanted to cry, but tears couldn't come out of my eyes, probably all dried up already. I was tired of crying ever since. But no, it did not mean that I was a strong person. It was just because I was too exhausted already for being weak all the time. My energy was drained. Now I was lying on the hospital bed. I had no one with me. No one.

I tried recalling what happened to me, but my head started hurting. I couldn't take this anymore. All I wanted was a successful life ahead of me, so that my parents would be happy even though they're not with me anymore. But here the world loved to test me, again and again, sucking the happiness out of me, sucking the happy energy out of me. I just wanted to live a peaceful life, but here I am, couldn't even remember why I was here in the first place. Last thing I remembered, I remembered yes, a light. Just a light. A heavy car horn sound.