Chapter Thirty-Seven: You came from Narnia? Did you see the lion and the witch?

Chapter Thirty-Seven: You came from Narnia? Did you see the lion and the witch?

It was scary that my scholarship's on the line. I wasn't ready to gamble my scholarship just for this crazy girl. But Mr. Daye likes me, right? Don't overthink.

I finally got the chance to walk away and go home after she sashayed her way out. She's a mess that I shouldn't be involved in the first place. I would like to blame Connor for this. But then again, he helped me in the first place so I felt like I should return the favor.

The next day at the cafeteria, Atreyi wasn't present. I told her that she could confess anytime she wanted to and that no one's pressuring her. Since she didn't want Maurice or Hailey to interrogate her with questions, she decided to spend time alone for a while.

"So today I have to stay late again because they hired someone new for the political column..." Hailey started complaining while we're taking our lunch.

The non-bitter Maurice then joke around. "Tell your Nigel to stay with you."

Hailey rolled her eyes. "Newspaper publishing room is an off-limits zone excuse me."

While the two of them were talking, I was texting with Finn. Just like the rest of our texting days, we're always deeply conversing with somehow serious but funny topics.

"Hello."

The three of us immediately directed our way towards the one who spoke up. I was surprised when it was a smiling Atreyi. Her curly hair was tied up and her face was somehow glowing, as if blooming.

"Atreyi!" I was the one who greeted first with enthusiasm.

"Miss me?" Atreyi sat down and placed one of her arms around my shoulders while the other on Maurice's. "I miss the three of you."

"Of course we miss you." Maurice chuckled.

Hailey's eyes twinkled. "How are you?"

"I've watched a couple of animes. Other than that, I'm still the same Atreyi you all know."

I was thinking if Atreyi was about to open up, but she seemed so cheery which probably... Is not a sign. Of course if one wanted to come out of the closet, he or she would act all nervous right?

Though I was afraid what if Maurice or Hailey... especially Hailey, would bring up the Jordan Wheeler topic? I wondered what Atreyi would actually answer.

"Did you know Maurice actually watch Naruto?" Hailey gave a burst of laughter.

"Naruto is cool! I mean, the Itachi plot twist..."

"Dude don't get me started on that and Sasuke."

The two of them were now talking about Naruto, which annoyed Hailey. She never watched a single anime that's why she could never relate.

"Maybe we can talk about Pretty Little Liars?" Hailey suggested to me, because it was kind of evident that I couldn't relate to everything. I mean, I had watched a couple of episodes of Naruto before. Also, I had a huge crush on Sasuke.

"I know nothing about Pretty Little Liars, Hailey. Never even bothered watching a single second of that show."

"Damn. Maybe Gossip Girls?"

Because of that, I tried to enumerate the shows that I watch. The only thing that popped into my mind was Survivor and nothing else... Oh and Fresh Off the Boat.

"No, Hailey, not Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girls, Scream Queens, and Vampire Diaries." I gave a weak smile, since I felt like I was a loser not watching any television series. Man, sometimes my workload is too much I don't even have the time to tie my hair, what more watching tv series?