Chapter Fifty-Seven: Is he some sort of Jessamine's BFF?

Chapter Fifty-Seven: Is he some sort of Jessamine's BFF?

Finn's POV

"Dude you should go cheer him up."

"Why should I? He almost killed me a while ago."

"He seems so sad though."

"Who wouldn't be? It's normal to be sad, idiot."

"Guys, this is the hospital, and you're not actually helping by whispering loudly."

Of course, Mr. United Nations had to tell them the obvious before they could shut up. Everything was just too overwhelming. Kayla was gone now, and I still could not understand why she would do all of these. Harming Jessamine? Some part of me would say, this is karma, but none of us wanted someone to end her life like this, right?

My heart sank as I closed my eyes, thinking deeply about how everything was also connected to me. If it wasn't for my idiotic actions, Kayla would not be where she is right now. Jessamine would also not be here. I deeply regretted allowing this to happen. Everything was overwhelming. Who knew less than 24 hours could lead to such series of events that you wouldn't even expect to happen no matter how hard you imagine things every time you're bored?

No, it's all too sudden. What I knew was I wanted to talk to Jessamine badly, because I felt like there was something wrong. Next, Kayla was getting crazy. What's next? I could not contact Jessamine and now Kayla is dead, and Jessamine is in the ER.

What the hell just happened? I couldn't help but cry again, thinking how badly things have turned out. I didn't know how I could even sleep for the night. It was still shocking how something like this would just happen.

I would never wish for anyone's death, especially someone I know.

Was it something I did to deserve this? Was I being punished? I wanted to live life normally. I just wanted my mom to be healthy, my siblings to be happy, and for me and Jessamine to enjoy life together. I wouldn't ask for anything more.

But right now, while I mourned for the loss, I should move on and hope Jessamine would wake up as soon as possible. I still needed to go home to look after my mother.

"Hey you, we're truly sorry for Kayla. We actually don't know her personally, but we know her sister."

Tyrone pat my back and sat beside me, showing his sympathetic face for the first time.

"Our friend is on the other ER right now checking out on Kayla's sister, who was also part of the accident. We're really sad about everything. You have checked out Jessamine already, right?"

To my distress, I still tried to smile a little as I looked at Tyrone, who I thought would be someone I hated but turned out to be someone sympathetic unlike his friends.

"Yeah, I hope Jessamine would be fine."

"She will. She's a tough cookie."

"Yeah." As much as I wanted to dwell on the loss of my own ex-girlfriend, I should move on and talk about other things. "My Jessamine is a tough woman." I gave a wider smile this time.

Tyrone gave a smirk but did not say anything.

With that, I took the chance and asked. "How do you guys know Jessamine?"

He slowly turned his face away from me and thought for a while, probably carefully thinking about which words to use. I wondered, was he someone important in Jessamine's life? Did they come for Kayla's sister? But shouldn't they be outside the ER of Kayla's sister rather than Jessamine's?