Chapter Thirty-One: Eleven Madison Park? You've got to be kidding me.

Chapter Thirty-One: Eleven Madison Park? You've got to be kidding me.

"Maurice!"

Maurice stopped walking and gave a huge wave. It had been a while since I've talked to him and I wanted him to be part of us again because I knew that things shouldn't end this way. I wanted to fix things up for him and Hailey.

"Jessamine! What's up?"

I stretched my arms and gave him a hug. "Maybe we can talk for a while?"

"Sure. What time is your next class?"

"Two hour break."

We ended up going to the cheapest coffee shop that was still relaxing and had free wifi. Maurice ordered a cup of Americano while I ordered myself a glass of fresh lemonade.

"How are you fam?" Maurice took the menu and gave it a look so that he could have an excuse not to have eye contact with me.

"Things has been..." Really crazy. "Good but it wasn't the same without you."

"Aw. You sounded as if I am some important nigga in your life." Maurice gave a chuckle.

"Maybe because you are?" I returned a sincere smile.

"How's Atreyi? I haven't seen her much."

I nodded. "She's busy lately, but she's fine. I think the four..." I put an emphasis on the four. "Of us should hang out."

"Uh sure."

Our drinks came out and we talked about different topics, even politics was part of our conversation. I wanted to insert Hailey in our conversation but I couldn't.

"Where are you these days?" I asked as I took one last sip of my lemonade.

"I practice jogging. I want to join the Marathon. It's lonely though, that I jog alone."

"Hmm..." I felt like I was cupid again because I wanted to bring him and Hailey to at least talk. "Missing someone?"

I wasn't sure why I love to interfere people's love lives though, maybe because I do care about my friends and I wanted them to be with the love of their lives.

"You and Atreyi." Maurice nonchalantly said.

"Aw that's sweet but I do think someone else should be in the list." I tried to joke around to lighten the mood.

Surprisingly, Maurice gave a laugh as if it's nothing. "Is that someone I know?"

I shrugged and returned a laugh. "What do you think?"

It was great how Maurice took it as if a joke, which I hoped he would. Since he wasn't that serious, I took the opportunity to speak about Hailey's issue.

"I don't know. Can you give me a hint?"

I chuckled. "It starts with hay, rhymes with lee."

He didn't respond afterwards, but only gave a sad smile. It made me feel like he wanted to say something but he just kept quiet.

Maurice and I kept quiet for a while but I broke the silence by asking him to hang out with us again because I swear to god even Hailey misses him.

"I'm sorry for having a huge pride." He admitted sincerely. "I will, but won't it be awkward between me and Hailey?"

"No. Honestly, she misses you too. Just don't make it awkward then everything would be fine I swear."

Maurice thankfully gave a huge grin as he nodded. "Will do."