Chapter Twenty-Five: She's friend zoning us

Chapter Twenty Five: She's friend zoning us

To ask a person out is to be earlier than the person. In my case, I asked two out so I should be earlier than the two, which I did. Thirty minutes before seven, I already sat down on one of the cloth covered chairs and the waiter had served a glass of cold water for me. My eyes trailed to the condensate wet cold glass of water to my iPhone playing a video showing a concrete way on how a graph shifts so that I could make a presentation about it for my Economics 101 class.

Despite my busy schedule, I still found the time to do this, so I wanted to actually clean up this kitchen-sink that these two have left for me. It was hard to find a sponge and dishwashing liquid, but if there's a will there's a way.

In short: I wanted to know as soon as possible to why these two people were so nice to me.

Not only that, I also wanted to give them one expensive treat because this is a way for me to return what they have given to me before. Since I have enough money to feed myself anyway because almost all my expenses are being paid.

The waiter approached me twice already asking what I wanted to order but I wanted to be polite so I made sure not to order anything until they come here.

I marked my to-do-list with all the homeworks that I have done. The only one left is a reflective essay in regards to US presidency elections.

"Hey. Miss me?"

Upon hearing someone said that, I raised my head up and beamed. "Hey Tyrone."

He pulled a chair and sat down casually. His blue eyes actually dancing as he stared at me. They were beautiful pair that illuminate on the dim light.

"So, what brings you to suddenly inviting me out?" He cracked a grin after positioning himself comfortably.

Wait for Caleb and you'll know the answer. "Do you want to order?"

"Sure." He took the menu from me and scanned it for a while. "I'm done. Did you order?"

"You're done deciding what to eat?" I widened my eyes, because it did not take him five seconds.

"Yes, because I am not going to eat anyway." He peeked at his watch and counted, "If I'm not mistaken someone will come around three, two, one..."

"Hey."

I crossed my eyebrows and looked at Tyrone with dismay. How did he know? Did they talk about it? Never mind. I would love to just speak the both of them in order to clarify what is going on.

"Hello, friends." Caleb sat down and smiled at me, which made me more furious.

"Do you want to order?" I gave him the menu.

He shook his head. "I'm not hungry."

"Very well." I grumbled. "This is my opportunity to invite the both you in order to treat you for a dinner, but since you guys are not hungry, maybe we can just talk."

They looked at me and they looked at each other. "Sure?" Both said in unison.

I gave a deep sigh and I cracked my knuckles because I wanted to release this in all honesty. "Good. So I don't understand why the both of you are nice to me. I mean yeah I need friends to help me adapt the lifestyle here but the way you guys kept on asking me out after I hung out with you at the underground bar, is kind of... Weird."

The both of them looked at each other and gave a half smirk. Their actions easily flummoxed me because it was really enigmatic for me to decipher what they're really thinking.