Chapter Twelve: Do you want to have dinner with me?

A/N: RIP Chester Bennington. (3/20/1976 – 7/20/2017)   You will be missed. Thank you for your meaningful songs, especially those that helped people dealing with anxiety and depression.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picture above is Tyrone (Ian Somerhalder)

Hottie, right?

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

Chapter Twelve: Do you want to have dinner with me?

"Yes, I'm Connor Daye. What are you doing here?" He smoothed his polo shirt and looked at me as if I was an intruder or something. Before I spoke up, sudden realization hit him. "You're Calvin and Christian's new tutor!?"

"Yes." I nodded. "Uhm... Small world huh?"

"Wow." He muttered under his breath and his face suddenly turned red. "I'm sorry for being... what's the word? Uncourteous?"

Bradley came out of nowhere and handed Connor a projector. "Here sir."

"No, it's okay...really." Actually, not at this moment. I always thought that I would never see this guy again for good, but life has its way to ruin it. Flashes of images ran in my mind and I wanted to erase every bit of memories I had with regard to Connor. And why should he be Mr. Daye's son!? Mr. Daye! My scholarship benefactor!

It was a bit awkward when Connor had gotten the projector because he did not know whether to return back to what he was doing or continue to talk to me.

Seeing him being awkward and shy, I opened up the topic for a short talk. "Christian and Calvin may seem to be kind of naughty at first but I love how their imaginations run."

"Yeah? They're pretty annoying but lovely if you ask me."

"I could actually manage to become their math tutor, if you ask me."

Connor scratched his head and gave a chuckle. "Yeah. Good for you. Both of them will like you I guess."

How could he be so socially-awkward? I mean, I am already one and he's even worse than me.

Suddenly, my phone rang loudly. Thank God.

"Oh, nice to see you again, Connor." I said before I answered the phone.

"Nice to see you too." He replied before leaving while carrying the projector.

"Hello?"

The voice was deep as it greeted me, "Hey, Jessamine."

"Tyrone?"

"Yeah. Do you want to have dinner with me? Are you free?"

Why is he asking me out all of a sudden again? Should I say no? I turned down Caleb, right? I could turn down-

Accidentally I blurted out. "Yeah sure."

"Great! Where do you want me to pick you up?"

Oh shoot. Why the heck did I say yes!? "Uhm, I'll go there by myself, wherever you want to bring me."

"Are you sure?"

I am a strong, independent woman. Yes, I'm sure.

"Yeah. Text me the address and wait for me."

"Alright, see you." The deep voice then was gone after he hung up.

What in the world am I doing anyway? Agreeing to eat out with Tyrone? Seconds later, he texted me the address and it was a sushi parlor.