Chapter Thirty-Six: This is like the perfect romantic spot.

Chapter Thirty-Six: This is like the perfect romantic spot.

Everyone was quite disappointed with what just happened because what Jordan did was grand but probably not grand enough to bring Atreyi to smile even just one bit.

"What's wrong with her?" Hailey was shocked with what just happened because who wouldn't?

Some people started murmuring some things, probably judging. Jordan felt really bad and decided to just thank his friends instead in helping.

"Wow. What did I miss?" Maurice tapped my shoulder, asking for explanation.

"You did not miss anything, Maurice." I gave a frown. Students inside the cafeteria were pretending that nothing happened anymore, including Jordan who silently walked away with his friends.

"What is wrong with Atrey!? That was the sweetest thing ever!" Hailey couldn't believe what she had just seen as she squeezed the both sides of her face with her hands. "Is this real life?"

"No, it isn't." And before anything else, I decided to run and find Atreyi, because I was probably the only one aside from Nia who knew.

While walking down the hallway, I wandered around, searching for Atreyi. In the midst of the crowd, I saw her walking slowly.

"Atreyi!" I said, as I immediately ran to catch her.

Her face was still bright red from crying, and it was my role as a friend to be with her all the time.

"Atreyi..." I said as I grabbed her arm. "Do you want to talk?"

Upon seeing me, she just slumped down on me, continuously crying. Her weight crashing on me as I pat her back. "Aw... so it's a yes?"

We decided to head to the ice cream parlor because she was craving for some pistachio, and it would definitely cheer her up.

"So... what do you plan on doing?" I asked her casually the moment she gained the mood again to talk. Pistachio always works.

She rubbed her chin and was thinking, maybe thinking of a plan? While she was silent, I ate my chocolate ice cream. In my entire life, I didn't know if I had tried ice cream without chocolate in it.

"Maybe I should... admit..." After saying that, Atreyi made a disgusted face, probably regretting it. "I don't know."

"Atreyi, Hailey and Maurice are also your best friends. I am sure that the two of them will also accept you the way you are." I gave a soft, comforting smile.

Atreyi seemed to be disturbed though, judging her expression. She covered her face in exasperation. "This does not seem as easy as you think, Jessamine. Coming out of the closet takes plenty of courage and will."

"Yeah but you're not going to hide that for the rest of your life, Atreyi. Not especially what you did to Jordan. He's really upset and I'm sorry Atreyi but... it's your fault."

"I know. I know." She looked at me with those conscientious sad eyes. "I've been leading him on ever since. He's actually a nice guy and I like him but...I am not straight and I am in a relationship and ugh!" Atreyi started to panic.

"Gosh, Atreyi. Calm down. You know, everything will be resolved once you explain everything to everyone, but take your time. You don't need to just come out of the closet and announce to the whole world that you're gay."

"How to? How!? Man it's like this exam wherein I'm panicking because I didn't know how to do the REDOX equation shit. Oh my god."

"Atreyi..." I gave a chuckle, because comparing coming out to solving redox equation? That's nerdy but cute. "You have nothing to worry. You can take things easy. Unlike in exam you have a time limit. Here, you can take things slowly."