Chapter Thirty-Five: Then why would you be in a juvy!?

Chapter Thirty-Five: Then why would you be in a juvy!?

What a day.

I was pretty tired, but even if I was tired, I still managed to walk to a convenience store to buy myself food before I go back to my dorm.

If I own a diary, what would I write for today? Dear diary, this is some roller coaster ride. First, I was feeling elated because I won the freaking debate competition. But the feeling disappeared the moment I realized that Finn had left without even texting me why. At least there were people like Connor who would be absent for work just to come watch the debate competition. Then there's Caleb who I didn't know if he was sincere with his sorry but I don't one to be naïve anymore.

I was really tempted to call Finn but my pride wouldn't allow me to because I wanted him to be the one calling me.

"That would be 8.99$ miss."

After I payed, I grabbed my food and said my thanks. It was unfortunate though, when someone stopped me and it was none other than, Tyrone.

"Hey, long time no see." He greeted me with a smile.

"Too bad I have to see you now." A while ago I was already pissed with Caleb, and now him? I didn't know why but it's weird how I often bump into Tyrone.

"Heard that you won first place, congratulations."

"News spread fast." I groaned. "Now if you excuse me, I'm going back because I never want to see your jerk face ever again."

My anger bubble came back and I didn't want it to burst again.

I wanted to leave but he grabbed my arm. "I'm sorry."

"You're not and I don't care. You drugged my drink and I will never forget that you jerk. Whatever is at risk in that stupid bet, and I know it's only a lousy hundred dollars will never compare to my dignity. I am a woman, not someone to be played with. I really thought that you just asked me out because you actually wanted to be my friend."

Is this a rewind of what I said to Caleb? Not verbatim but almost the same.

The both of us were standing on the exit door of the Seven Eleven but neither of us wanted to move, except if someone's going out or coming in.

Tyrone was probably still registering in his mind what I just said because it was too long or maybe he felt really guilty.

"Yes, we had a bet. Yes, because we thought you're pretty amusing and cute. Yes, because we knew it would be a challenge for the both of us because you were obviously hard to get. And yes, I'm sorry."

I gave a death glare at him. "You drugged my drink. I don't care. You need to be thankful I didn't call the cops because you almost sexually assaulted me."

"Well I better stay inside the jail, right?"

That wasn't the reaction I was expecting. "You seem like the person who came out of jail anyway."

"Well because I will be if it wasn't for me being not yet 18. I was from a juvy before."

My jaw dropped wide because I've been talking to him ever since... And he's a criminal!?

"Wha- what did you do?" Right now, I felt like running away because an ex-criminal is in front of me.

"Let's just say, everything is complicated. Don't worry, I did not kill nor rape nor kidnap."

Run away, Jessamine. Remember, he drugged your drink. Some part of me though, wanted to know what he did. "Then why would you be in a juvy!?"

"Things are complicated." He seemed sincerely sad all of a sudden which shocked me. It's as if he seemed so vulnerable and that I wanted to "pity" him a bit but no, maybe he's doing some act just so I could forgive him.