Chapter 3

Before I knew it, our relationship was found out again. It happened a total of three times. Of course, it hurt a lot. Four years of going back and forth. It wasn't like there wasn't any fun. There were tons of it. I loved riding on his four-wheeler. He would go fast. There were times when we would go five times riding around.

My mom would know about the first time. She ended up finding out about the other times. It was cool though. She just always checked to make sure I didn't get hurt. He did keep me from doing horrible things. You know, the things which are frowned upon. I remember how each time when we were alone, he would ask if I trusted him. I told him yes. Even to this day, I still trust him.

The biggest memory I have was probably the most I have ever been mad at him. It was a Saturday, last November. He had come over. All day long one of our other friends kept asking my siblings, "you think she knows." See, she and Leo had slept together five times. We were already broken up. It shouldn't have mattered, right?

Not at all. He had told me a few days before. I guess he didn't realize it. When I saw him that Saturday, I was cold to him. He got mad because I wouldn't sit by him. The whole house knew. My mom was trying to talk to me about it. I was listening to her. Then he told me about us talking about why I was mad. We went to my room and he asked me.

We sat there for two hours talking. I didn't think he would let me hit him. I got to punch him in the arm, and I bruised his face. Luckily, it didn't scar up. He even asked if I felt better. I told him I wanted to get her. His cousin came over, and told me it wasn't worth it. Well, after that, Leo and I were having a moment.

He told me I could always talk to him. He said, "no matter what, I will always be willing to talk to you." I didn't think he was serious. I soon learned. I learned when I got the letter from him. He told me about finding a goal and going for it. He told me about how much our relationship was to him. He was telling me about what I meant to him. At first I, didn't understand parts of it.

My mom could explain it to me. I saw him after that. When I see him, I was walking with my mom. He did a "Suite Life of Zack and Cody" wave and it made me laugh. My mom said, "ewe." She just kept saying about how he hurt me. We were both hurt in the situation. Yet, we kept trying, for a reason which is still mysterious, even to us. My brother Daquan saw him three months ago. Daquan said he asked about me.

Daquan and Leo tell each other stuff. They keep it real. Even some of the stuff I tell him not to tell Leo. Anyway, I still talk to him. I think it's good. Well that's the story.