Chapter 3

Since my family lived in five different places when I was a child, I would have to say they were all different. There was something unique about all of them. My neighborhood was quiet most of the time. My parents' relationship was strong at one point. I would have to say at one time in my life I was closest to my mom. When I was growing up, the biggest disagreement I ever had with my parents was when I wanted to do the school talent show. My role in the family was being the oldest. I had responsibilities with watching my brothers and sisters. When my brothers and sisters were younger, they were very observant and fun. As they have gotten older they have grown to have a smart mouth and are very intelligent. I got along with them sometimes.

Other than family, the most important people in my life were my friends. The happiest times of my childhood was when I was twelve and I got to sing in the church choir. Another one of my happiest times was when my friends and I used to dance around when we were in the weight room at school. My biggest disappointments was when I found out I had an F on my progress report when I was in sixth grade. Another disappointment was when I found out I couldn't be a cheerleader. My hobbies as a kid was reading. The first person I ever kissed was a guy named Johnathon Deya. My first serious romance happened towards the end of my ninth-grade year. We had met on Easter and he used to come over a lot. We would talk and laugh and have good conversation.

When May came around on May 2, 2011 I asked him. He had just finished consoling me from being in tears. My mom had just got on me about an F from a science test. He was helping me fix my test. As I was changing the last one I got wrong I wrote on a sheet of paper and handed it to him. When he looked up, he told me yes. That night it became even better. We sat and watched TV together. We kissed, and we did it felt so different from the past times I was kissed. Throughout the time, we were together, it was tough. His dad wasn't happy about him being with a black girl. We broke up two times if you ask him. To me I know it was three times, because the first time when we got together, my dad had told me to not have any contact with him. For a full school year, my tenth-grade year I rebelled I would say.

After that, when we finally came back in contact with each other, it became a stronger situation and as much ridicule there was about us being an interracial couple and my mom saying about him hurting me, we still managed to have a bond. The last time we were with each other there was more love than I could have pictured. It was a wonderful time and there was a lot of care. It just made me be even more caring towards him with the situation we were in.

When I was a kid, I imagined my adult life to be wonderful. I figured I would live by myself and have my stories published and be working in a library. I thought I would have love like the ones I would read from the princess stories. The only people who know me better than anyone is: God, my dad, my best friend and myself. Other than family, the most important people in my life, is my friends. The key to a great friendship is being able to trust each other, and know you have someone you can go to, who you can hang with and can allow you to be yourself. The person who makes me laugh the hardest is my best friend Joshalyn. I have many favorite books and authors. I do have many favorite movies. The best trip I have ever taken was when my school went to King's Dominion for our senior trip.

If I can go somewhere I've never been it would be Italy. At times, I do wish I was living somewhere else. The five things I couldn't live without are: my family, my phone, my labtop, and music, a notebook. My most beloved personal possession would be my iPod. The bravest thing I have ever done was take my ex-boyfriend's cousin up to my ex-boyfriend's dad's house. The scariest thing I have ever done was when I got stuck in 5 feet in the pool. The dumbest thing I ever done was jump out of a moving vehicle. There has been something I have always wanted to do, but I haven't. I have always wanted to cheer like the all-star cheerleaders I have seen for the football teams. The best years of my life, I would have to say were my teen years. The hardest decision I have ever made was to either go to school closer to my mom or go away.

The most important things in life are family, your health, and having respect for yourself. What I consider to be my strongest character traits are: I'm caring and I value family. The traits or habits I wish I didn't have are: my emotions don't show on my face, I don't get upset as quickly as I do. I also wish my temper wasn't the way it is. I do believe that people can change. I do believe in God. Life has made me more cynical at times. There are other times where I am more hopeful. What I consider to be the most important world events in my lifetime are: 9/11, when President Donald Trump became president. I think life is harder know than when I was younger. If I could do anything over in my life, it would be to make sure I did have more fun as a teenager. I would make sure I didn't let myself get lost in a boy.

Even though there are many things I regret about my life, I know I can't change them. I know I can't go back. I just hope my life continues to teach me. I know I still have a lot to learn. I know singing karaoke isn't something I should be doing, yet even though I can't sing, it relaxes me. Even though, writing may not get me too many places, I still love it. I know there are always going to be opinions about the things I do, but it's my choice to do them. I know there are consequences for everything. I know I must be strong and try to let go. I am just going to continue to push myself past all the limits. I'm glad I have as many fellow writers and friends behind me as I do. It makes me value what I do even more because it means it's not for nothing.