Chapter 8

Tears form in my eyes but i refuse to let them fall.

I had been pondering whether to go to this ball thing that Chase was talking to me about, eventully i decided to go. Only to drive Theo crazy though. I do my hair up and put on some lipstick that i found onto of mu dress. I have never been one for makeup, I've always thought of it as something that covers up someones true beauty. You see all those woman with layers and layers of makeup on and you think hey their the most beautiful person i have ever seen but really their just covering up their insecurities, they are just the same as all of us underneath.

I leave it at lipstick and go look in the mirror.

I had natural blond hair which is rare for a girl my age. Its only slightly wavy with curls at the ends, My hair is long and super thick come down to just above my waist. So i decided to have my hair up in a messy bun. I have bright blue eyes they were so blue that they were almost silver, they were as blue as the sky sometimes they could be stormy and sometimes calm. My bright red lipstick i had on made them seem even brighter tonight. Then finally my dress... It was beautiful, it was tight around the top with a high neck. It then fanned out at the top of my waist and and stopped around ten centermeters above my knees but still swooped down at the back to drop to the floor. The back trailed behind me. It has been a very very long time since I could enjoy being bathed in such luxuries. A long time since I actually enjoyed it.

I look through the room for a mask when i caught a sent. For a second i thought it was His sent, but the confusion past he wouldn't come looking for me. Sighing i open my bedroom door and i see Chase standing there his eyes popping out of his head and his mouth on the floor. I giggle at the site of him. "Do i look ok?" I ask doing a little twirl. All he could manage was a nod. He was eying me up and down like a piece of meat, Lulu didn't like it one bit. However it felt nice to be wanted in such a way. I mean it's not like my own mate has made much of an effort.

Lulu- Only Theo and Jax can look at us like that.

Me- Oh come on he's just being dramatic.

"Hey do you have a mask for me? " My eyes trailed over his jacket only to see one poking out of his dress pocket. He also looked extremely handsome, his hair was messy and he had a black suit on and a tie. he handed me a gold mask that had what looked like diamonds marked around it. It was absolutely beautiful and hide my identity perfectly. Tonight i could get back at Theo for that agonising pain he put me through last night. Lulu growled again.

Lulu- please don't remind me about that... I bet he didn't know he was putting us in pain. I don't want to hurt our mate....Bella!

I didn't reply, I didn't want to. It astounded me why my wolf wanted so much to look past all of it and to still believe that he was like the man my mother would describe to me as a kid. I didn't want to think about it....Instead i took Chases arm as he offered it to me.

I could feel Lulu trying to gain control. She didn't want me to betray our mate.

Lulu- too right

Me- your awfully talkative tonight.

The walk to the pack house was silent. It was a beautiful night. Peaceful. We got closer to the pack house and i could hear music. I feel like crying. It was a soft, sad tune. So similar to the music that played on endless repeat through my time back at that pack.

Chase looks over to me. " Hey, you ok?" He asked softly he stopped walking and stood in front of me. I smile slightly. " Yea." he growled. " Don't lie to me Bella." I stared ahead of me and whisper. " Just remembering something from my past that i would rather forget." I was staring at the pack house, it was all decorated with all these twinkling lights, so pretty... The lights then started to blur and I realised I was crying. "ohh Bella don't cry. Please." His hand was wiping away my salty tears. "I'm fine Chase really... lets just go inside." My voice wobbled. He gave me a small smile and grabed my hand so that we were side by side. I leaned my head against his shoulder.