Chapter 20

Bella's POV
I was sitting in front of the mirror staring at myself. I could no longer see the signs mental scars on my face. What my step father did to me was unforgivable but it made me who I am. No that I would ever want to go through it again. I looked up at the clock for the seventh time in a minute. I was waiting for Chase to come home. It had been one long week that he hadn't been in the house. It seemed quiet without him and the idea that he may never return made me sad. But he had texted me not to long ago telling me he was in his car and was nearly home. I missed him like I missed my sister, Gabriella. 

Gosh I hadn't thought about her in years. I didn't know where she was or if she was even alive and that made me sad. My sister was my best friend growing up. We were twins and some could say we were identical but there were some clear differences when we were younger. I sigh, tears forming in my eyes. I missed her so much.

Like I missed chase. I came to the conclusion that Chase was just like an older brother to me. I missed him when he wasn't there and sure I found him attractive but I didn't feel that spark like I did with Theo. God Theo.

 I just don't want to think about him right now. I swear he's Bipolar. Earlier today after my little encounter with that wolf he had pulled me into the closet. The same closet I had rejected him in and pushed me up against the door. His lips were oh so close to mine. I would have protested but for some reason I didn't want to. 

I missed him being all possessive over me and wanting to kiss me at every chance he got, i missed that look in his eyes. I saw his beautiful green eyes turn black and he fled the room. I was disappointed. I was falling in love with Theo, I knew it in my heart. Even if I never imagined and hoped my mate would be like Theo... well he's better . He does want to protect me, I see it in his eyes. 

Sometime I would hear my step father talk to his beta about Alpha Theo. He was ruthless. Kills people on the spot. He has no heart and is ice cold. Hes the devil himself. But thats only what everyone but me and his friends know. We know he's loyal and would do anything for the people he cares about. Sure he makes stupid decisions. But he is smart and brave and I know he's hurting. He's broken just like me. I see it in his eyes, hear it in his voice. But i can't do anything about it and it hurts. I mean, I rejected him. I don't have the power to make the decision anymore. Its all up to him. 

The painful thing though is that since he didn't break our bond. Its been growing and for some reason our bond is now stronger than ever and i have been avoiding it at all costs trust me. Its so strong though that every time Poppy or another female touches him i can feel it. Its like an aching pain in my heart and Lulu will whimper. I hate what he's putting her through. But i can't imagine what Theo's going through. Lulu told me the other day that Jax had stopped Talking to him, he wont let him shift either. 

Suddenly i drop my hair brush. Using my werewolf hearing i could hear a car pulling into the driveway. I scream and rush downstairs. I push open the front of the door of Theo's house and run towards Chase. He was getting out of the car. His dark tanned skin glowed and his soft Midnight hair shone. He turned around and his golden eyes found mine. We ran towards each other the sun hitting our backs. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he swings me around. 

"I missed you so much." He whispered and then he did something that i Never thought he would do. He kissed me. I was so shocked that i didn't respond. WHY THE HECK IS HE KISSING ME. Sure i did have a small crush on him but i soon realizes that it wasn't a crush i just loved him like i would love Gabriella or a brother, if i had one. I had my eyes squeezed shut trying to think of the million ways i could let him down gently when i heard an extremely loud growl . Chase pulled away to see what the fuss was about. 

Theo stood there heaving with angry. In seconds he had his hand around Chases neck and was holding him against the car strangling him. I saw his eyes and they were pitch black, his wolf was in control. Lulu started singing in my head happy that Jax wasn't gone for good. But she didn't like seeing Chase being strangled. She had come to care about him even though she didn't like him interfering with our relationship with our mate. 

"Jax...." I whisper.