Chapter 11

Bella's POV

I cuddle into Chase,  the tears were just pouring down and I couldn't get them to stop. My  tears were starting to stain his shirt, again. The pain was almost unbearable and I barely even knew him. 

"Chase it hurts." I wail. It was like I could feel it in the depths of my soul. He may not have said the words, but Theo has rejected me. I grasp the material right over my heart, the amount of sobbing I've been doing made my heart hurt and my voice raw. 

" Right here, it feels like there is a hole." I mumble sadly. 

"Thats how i felt for a long time sweetheart. Trust me it goes away." Chase sighs running his hands through my hair.  His touch didn't effect me like Theo's did, but it was nice to just feel someone holding me, loving me. It was really soothing, making me feel calmer than I have. in a very long time. Chase was a good person and I know deep in my heart that. I need good people like him in my life. If only Theo knew how much I wanted him to hold me and never let go. Not that it would have made much difference.  

"How do you know?" I ask him softly. My head was pounding, my heart aching as I trace soft heart on Chases chest. Then crossing them out,  again and again. I wanted to know who made Chase feel this way. I want to know how he got through it. Because right now I fill like I'm stuck in a cage that's filling with water and with every heartbeat I feel like I'm getting closer to drowning.

"Well I lost my mate around 5 years ago. " He looked down at me, catching my eye. He smiles at me sadly. " I was 18 years and 6 months old when i met Talia Mckeena. She was my mate, my everything. I met her in the woods when I was going for a run. We spent hours talking, i could feel our bond growing. Then we were attack." He shook his head." I should of known that rouges would attack i mean we were in the middle of the woods. We fought them and we thought we got all of them but there must of been one hiding. It attacked Talia from behind when i wasn't looking. She lost a lot of blood and was going to die in a matter of minutes. She kissed me and then told me that she didn't want me to be tied down by her she rejected me. They were her last words to me. I decided to accept her rejection even though it was against my wishes, it was hers and i wanted to honour it. " A tear rolls down his face as he stares at the wall. Pure pain was evident in his eyes. He lost his mate and it wasn't even a choice. Just a cruel sick joke that the universe decided to play on him." I just keep wondering where i could of been you know. If she wasn't attacked. Where we would be, what we would be doing."

My heart ached just that little bit more, just for him. Because I could imagine feeling this was forever. Being lost in the deep and dark pit of depression. I grabbed his hand and I held it tight. We just sat there after that, not saying a word. Trying to piece each others broken hearts together in silence.

Theo's POV

My possessiveness seems to rule me. But I cannot bare the sight of Bella and Chase any longer, I was making me weak and sick. I couldn't afford to feel like this. So i decided to send Chase on a risky mission to China, we had some people who have been stepping out of line. They need to be felt with and quite frankly my packs over there are merciless, one foot out of line and they won't hesitate to kill you and since Chase always steps out of line i felt it was the right mission to put him on. So i sent him off. He had no choice but to leave Bella behind. 

I saw him hugging her goodbye. She was holding onto him tight, touching his face, her arms around his neck and didn't want to let go. That made me mad, my wolf was even madder. But i need to keep myself composed my new Luna was arriving tomorrow and I hope she can make me forget about Bella. If that's even possible.

Bella's POV

"Please be safe Chase i can't loose you." I said tears falling down my face. I grasp his face in my hands and push the hair out of his eyes. I couldn't believe that he was leaving and that I was yet again going to be alone. But it wasn't Chases fault. It's Theo's, it's always Theo's fault. Stupid cold hearted wolf. I felt like kicking him in the nuts, really really hard. Maybe then he'll learn to never mess with me.