Chapter 22

I sing softly to myself. 

I stirred the meatballs one last time before placing them in 3 seperate bowls on top of the steaming hot rice. Yea i cooked dinner. I do every night. I love cooking and baking but i live with three other people the least they could do is pitch in around here because these days i seem to do EVERYTHING for them. I'm not their mothers. Anyway i'm going out clubbing tonights with Maria and some of my other friends from the pack. And since Chase has been icy towards me i didn't invite him. 

I placed the bowls on the table making no attempt to make the table look pretty like i did every other night. 

*****

I finish applying my small amount of make up and look in the mirror. Wow i looked Hot as fuck. all i did to my hair was brush it and french plait the side pieces and tie them together at the back of my head, that meant that most of my hair was flowing free around me and it looked like i had  crown on my head. I had a red lipstick that brought out my electric blue eyes. I looked at my  two part dress dress. It was a sleeveless dress with a sweetheart neckline. That was low enough to show a bit of cleavage. The top was sparkly gold that matched my gold hoop earrings. The top then stopped just above my hips. The skirt park was a creme ballet skirt that started at my hips and finished just below mid thigh. I then matched then with some god pumps that shone when the light hit them.

 I also had my mothers necklace on. It was a beautifully simple necklace that held a lot of meaning to me. 

She gave it too me when we first arrived at our step fathers. She told me it would always keep me safe because it was gift from the moon godess. It has a simple gold chain with a beautiful diamond on it. I played with it for a second before turning away and heading downstairs. 

I stopped in the kitchen grabbing my wallet, i looked and saw Theo and chase devouring the meal I made and Poppy glaring at me. She had pushed her plate away. I saw that she only took one bite. 

"Poppy if looks could kill... You wouldn't be looking at me right now... I'd be looking at your grave though" I said confidently with a smirk. 

at that comment both of the boys looked up at their mouths drop open. 

"What?" I ask innocently looking at them. 

Theo's eyes went pitch black again. 

"FUCKING HELL JAX!" I screamed. God that mutt. I swear one look at his precious mate and he surfaces. It took all of my sanity to do what i did today and know that i would never be able to love Theo like Jax and Lulu and I want him to. But he was still going through with making Poppy his Luna... which means he's going to kill me so... Do you really expect me not to lash out. 

 I look into his eyes to see they had returned back to their normal incredible green

"You are not going out dressed like THAT!" Theo growled. 

"I can do whatever i want. Because my mate is mating with someone else. So i only have one more week to live, so i may as well live it fully. " 

and with that i stomped out the door. 

****

"Hey Maria do you want another drink?" I yelled over the blaring music. We were at some sort of ice bar in town and it was packed! I was offering Maria her like fourth drink. Us Werewolve don't get drunk very easily so we don't have to be as cautious as humans. I haven't drunken much though. I have this strange feeling. This pain. Its been slowly getting worse and worse. 

"HELL YEA" Maria replies. 

I smile over at her. She was dancing next to me. I laugh, she looks so carefree. I was in the middle of laughing when a pain hits me hard and i stumble into Maria. 

"Bella honey! Are you ok!" She yelled. She grabbed hold of my arm trying to steady me. 

"Maria i'm not feeling so well..."  i gasp, then groan. " So much pain...." I grit through my teeth. 

"THAT IDIOT HOW DARE HE HURT YOU LIKE THIS!" Maria roared. I look up at her. Pain clear on my face. It was getting worse. 

"Help me Maria please...." I huddled over in pain but i was suddenly pulled out of marias tight grasp. 

I smell a sent of a werewolf who toke me. 

"Hey beautiful, you wanna show me a good time." A mans voice whispered in my ear. I whimpered then looked towards the entrance and to Maria. 

Maria was pushing through the crowd trying to pull me out of the strangers grasp. While at the entrance my Mate had arrived. Wait... Theo? 

Suddenly it hit me. It had been a month since i met Theo. I'm in my heat. 

I heard from my mother what it was like to be in a heat she says its painful. Its like a period for mates. It occurs once ever month till you mark each other the main way you can end a heat is by mating. You can stop it for a short periods of time but skin on skin contact or the least effective, taking a cold bath to get rid of the fever. Only the females are in pain though. The males just feel pain watching their mates in pain. I find that unfair. While Woman are in Pain their mates are aroused. Hm. 

Finally i feel two strong arms rip me away from this stranger. I tun to see my rescuer. 

Fucking great. 

"Theo how wonderful to see you." I say in the most sarcastic was possible. 

He ignores my comment and picks me up bridal style. I look at his handsome face. Oh my god i want to kiss him so bad. How stupid have i been. I start purring at the sin to skin contact we have with our mate. I'm purring all the way to the car. I can here Theo mumbling 'fuck' the whole way to the car as i rub my head, nose and lips against his chest. Since i'm in the heat i know he's affected by this as much as me. I can hear Maria trailing behind us. 

We get in the back seat of the car me and Theo and Maria drives. The whole can ride is either me screaming in pain from loss of contact with Theo or Moaning in pleasure from having contact with him. I don't think i have ever wanted Theo so much in my life. I really doesn't help with the fact that our mate bond is beyond strong. 

We get home and i'm sweating. As soon as he put me in bed Theo left me alone and now i'm thrashing around the bed screaming in pain. Maria comes in and runs a cold bath but it doesn't help. I just keep thinking about Theo 

and how he left me when i needed him the most.

Again.