Chapter 16

Bella's POV

I felt empty. 

I Never knew what it was like rejecting your mate. My mother told me it was the worst feeling possible... She was right. I felt empty. No matter how much i hate him, there is still a part of that hoped he would change. Huh, typical right? The sweet innocent girl who thinks she can change the bad boy. But no matter how hard i hoped he would change for me, he didn't. And instead i ended up being hurt. 

There is no coming back from this Theodore. 

Not now, not ever

Theo's POV

I didn't want to move. When she spat those words of rejection at me pain over flooded me. a stabbing pain. But yet it wasn't it was like with Bella i was still holding onto her by a piece of string and she finally cut it. 

I pushed away the only person who i had left to love. She was given to me and she promised love, i didn't give her any and i hurt her badly. This is what i get and i deserve it. I deserve every terrible thing she has done to me. The only thing i didn't deserve that she gave me was her. 

But i can't accept her rejection not at all. I can't loose her, i'm selfish. I never wanted Poppy. I just needed Bella to get it through her head that I couldn't have her. But i don't feel that way any more. I need her more than ever. I want her to be my one and only love and i want to be hers. 

Tears feel down my face for the first time since i saw my mother die before me. And i'm glad that if i'm crying, i'm crying over someone whose worth it. 

Sam i need to talk to you

I said through the pack link.

Sure Alpha is it important? Should i meet you in your office?

No just meet me in the closet by the door to the pack house. 

Uh sure Alpha i'll be there in a second. 

I sunk my head into my hands dropping to the floor. How could i be so stupid? How could i let her go, Make her hate me? I just don't know anymore. 

" Um Alpha Poppy is in the other room, she started a fight because one of the omegas dropped some soup on the floor and dot of it got on her shoes." Said Sam as he entered the room. 

" We have bigger problems Sam." I mumble

" Well Alpha she is seconds away from killing her." 

" Like i said we have bigger problems." I growl. I look up from my hands to see Sam standing by the door Awkwardly 

"Alpha? Are you ok?" Sam was eying my face. I had no idea what i looked like but i bet i looked horrible. I hadn't been able to sleep much since i found Bella sleeping in Chases bed. It disturbed me how close they have gotten. I didn't help sending him away if anything it has seemed to make them closer. I hated it. I hated him. Bella? I could never have any negative emotion towards her... except maybe jealousy. I... I loved Bella. I loved everything about her. I love the way she sasses people, i love how when she cares for someone she makes sure they know it, i love every single flaw and perfection. She just doesn't know it. 

I was pushing her away for so many reasons, trying to hid my attraction towards her. But nothing mattered anymore. Her rejection made me want her more than i ever had. Despite the pain i felt with her rejection she managed to clear away all the reasons i was pushing her away for. They didn't matter anymore. All that mattered was her. 

"She rejected me Sam." I whisper. My eyes were filled with tears. 

He laughed. " You can't be serious Theo. This was coming from a mile away, you are about to mate with someone else did you really think that she wouldn't end up rejecting you? I'm actually surprised you haven't rejected her yet." 

I growled. " I don't know much about this whole Mate thing Sam, My parents weren't alive longer enough to tell me the truth." 

"Wait, so you need me to educate you about mates?" 

I sigh " Yep." 

Silence. He hesitates,

"Well, Mates are People given to us by the moon godess, they are our other half. No matter what we do and how we cat we will always love them deep down in whatever way. WE we first meet our mate the bond starts and every second you are in a room or touching or speaking to each other it grows. Grows to the point where you can't be without each other for ten minutes. The only way to break a mate bond is for one of the two people to die or for one mate to reject and the other accept."

"What happens if the mate doesn't accept it?" I whisper

"Well, it gets complicated, technically the mate bond is still there so take what happens if who mate sleeps with someone who isn't their mate. Th mate will feel extreme pain, its like knives being plunged into your heart. Ive heard its terrible.Anyway so your technically still bound by the mate bond so you'll feel the extremely painful act of betrayal. Usually it kills the mate if you sleep with someone though so i don't know why anyone would." 

I coughed. 

"YOU SLEPT WITH ANOTHER WOMAN!? HOW IS SHE NOT DEAD?!" He screamed 

Silence was my only reply. 

He took in a deep breath. " Also if you mate and mark someone else it will be the same but instead its 1 trillion present likely to kill them so either you accept her rejection or she dies in pain." 

"What will happen if i do... uh accept her rejection." 

"You will both be able to mate and mark other people and they will also be free to be marked by someone else." 

"Anyone?"

"Yep, i mean unless they have been marked now thats complicated but i guess Bella could tell you that if she ever trusts you enough to tell you her story. But yea i mean you could mark and mate with ANYONE even her if you guys decide to get it on." 

So i can still mark her...

"Is their anything else i have to know?" 

"Uh... not that i could recall. But you know the chemistry between you guys i mean the sexual tension when you two are in a room together is super intence. I know she loves you, i can see it in her eyes no matter how much of a dick you are to her and how much she deny it." 

I close my eyes trying to control my temper. 

"I love her too..." I whisper

"Then whats this whole this with that whore man. I mean come on, you could of been a way better person from when you first met her. " 

"I'm just trying to protect her Sam. I felt it was the right thing for her. It is the right thing for her. Everyone i love always gets taken from me and i'm scared she will too. " 

"Its not your choice what she needs Theo. Thats up to her. You should of been honest with her from the start." 

"Yea i know. But i'm fucked up Sam." 

"She is too Theo. More than you know "