12

Eve POV {past}

I wake up to small kisses on my face.

My eyes open and I see John hovered over me. His eyes are looking into mine and a smile creeps onto his pale pink lips. "Good morning," He smiles a little and kisses my cheek.

"Morning," I murmur. 

"I was thinking we can go out to breakfast this morning, if you're up for it," John says to me. His fingers play with mine causing a grin to escape on my lips.

"Sounds lovely," I murmur. A yawn leaves my mouth and I wipe my eyes with my empty hand. 

"How'd you sleep?" He asks me.

"Lovely, you?"

"Great." The crinkles under his eyes form causing me to grin more widely. "Have I ever told you I think you're the most beautiful in the morning?" My heart flutters by his compliment.

"What about the other parts of the day?" I ask. 

"You're the most sexiest the other parts of the day ," I laugh at his words and his hand rests on my hip. John leans down and kisses me. It's a soft peck but makes my body fuzzy. "I love you Eve. I hope you know that," 

"I love you more," I say while playing with his fingers still.

"I highly doubt that," His eyes meet mine and he smiles a little. I lean up and kiss his cheek then cuddle my body into his.

Eve POV {present} 

I didn't sleep all night. 

Literally.

Every small creak in the house gave me more anxiety and fear. Every once and a while I'll look out the window to see if someone is there, and no one was. The car left once my Dad got home.

Around six o'clock last night, Harry called me saying he booked a flight for tomorrow morning at five. So, he should be here by eight.

I'm seated in my room on a chair tapping my foot against the carpet beneath my feet. My eyes look to the door where I hear a little knock. Soon the door is pulled back with Harry behind it.

He closes the door behind himself and I walk over to him. My arms automatically wrap around his body and my head nuzzles against his chest. My eyes start to sting with tears and my breaths become shaky. 

His fingers run through my hair and his lips kiss the side of my head. "Did you sleep at all?" Harry asks me.

"No," I answer. Harry pulls away from our hug and his hands cup my cheeks. Tears are running down my cheeks causing Harry who have a gloomy look on his face. 

"Everything will be alright, okay?" His voice is low and soothing.

"I-I'm sorry for making y-you come back," I say through uneasy breaths.

"You're more important to me than work, Eve. I told you that." His thumbs wipe away my tears on my face. "Now, go to bed for a while, okay? You need to sleep." 

I nod and walk to my mattress. I lay down and he lays down beside me. I press my head against Harry's chest and his arms hug around me. "How's Anna?" He asks me.

"I called her when I was upstairs hiding before my Dad got home and she didn't answer. I got more scared because what if something happened to her? I called her husband and he said she was on her way home. She left the apartment once our call ended," I explain shortly. 

"Okay, good," I hold onto Harry's body tightly. His fingers stroke my back and his lips every once and a while kiss my cheek or forehead. "I love you, try to get some sleep."