66

Eve POV

I sit at my Dad's house with Avery on my lap. My Father was pleasantly surprised with me asking if we could spend the night.

We sit at the dining room table talking. My daughter is eating some crackers and I occasionally stroke her curls. "I assume you and Harry had a fight?" My Dad finally asks.

"Yeah," I murmur. "I just needed space," I say.

"Understandable," He says with a nod. "I'm not complaining I love seeing my daughter and her daughter," I smile at his words and look to Ava who's grinning.

"How's Zoe?" I ask my Father.

"She's doing good. She just got promoted at work so that's interesting," A faint smile is on his mouth.

"Are Lexi and Rachel doing good?" I ask. I haven't seen them in a while because of Avery, but once she's older I'll get back into seeing my family more regularly like before.

"Yep, they're growing up which is sad but it's a good thing I suppose," He says through a sigh. I nod with a faint smile. I know when Avery starts to grow up more I'll be a mess.

My daughter hands me a cracker and smiles. I kiss her lips that are puckered at me and grin.

"I can watch Ava. You go upstairs and relax," My Father offers.

"You don't mind?" I ask.

"I could never dislike spending time with my grandchildren," He grins. I place my daughter on his lap and kiss my daughter once more.

"Thank you," I say.

"No need," My Father replies. I head upstairs a few moments later. I'm tired, sad, and conflicted. I tug my hand through my hair and plop down on my old mattress.

Harry POV

I tap my foot against the wooden floor under my feet and look to my therapist, Will, across from me.

I rescheduled my emergency thing at the restaurant and came here instead.

"I haven't seen you in a while," He says.

"I've been busy," I reply, my voice is low.

"I heard. Congrats on taking over Champs. My family and I love that place," He congratulates me. I nod and give a small smile.

I dig my fingertips into my thighs and look down at my feet that are still tapping against the floor. "So, you and Eve had a fight?"

"Yeah," I answer. My eyes travel to my therapist who's jotting things down but glances up at me everyone and a while.

"What was the argument based on?" He asks me.

"My work," I say. Will nods and leans back in his chair more.

"We've talked about your need to control things before, so, what made you want to get another business? Was being in charge of your publishing office not enough?"

"I wanted to do more," I say. "Yes, I love being the CEO of the office, but I wanted to try something new and different,"

"Why?" His brown eyes glance up at me. His chin is in his palm as he speaks and writes.

"I just wanted to feel useful I guess," I say in a mumble.

"Considering now you're a Dad, why would you take on a restaurant as a business? Is it the money you wanted? The power? The ability to control? What is it?"