60

Harry POV

It's June now and Avery is eight months. She's starting to crawl now, which makes me sad because she's growing up. She's also becoming more vocal and saying weird things that babies do.

It's Wednesday afternoon and I'm typing on my computer at work. My eyes stare at the computer screen and I try to work as fast as I can so I can go home.

Since Liam and I aren't on speaking terms, and Eve doesn't work at the office when I do, my job hasn't been as fun. I'm thinking about buying some restaurants to try something new. Maybe some hotels, I don't know yet. But I want to do something else besides owning a publishing office.

My office door opens with Liam behind it. He usually passes of files to the interns to give to me; it makes it less awkward. I don't mind nor care.

"You busy?" Liam asks me.

"I'm reviewing statements," I say. "Is there something you need?" I ask.

Liam sits in the chairs across from my desk and looks at me. His face looks unamused but soft and tense at the same time.

"I thought we should talk," He says in a low voice.

"Okay," I say. I stop reading and typing in the statements and look to Liam.

"I'm sorry for offending you," He starts off. "I should've  told you sooner how I felt, and not in Arizona where it was off guard, and for that I'm sorry."

"Okay," I say. His brown eyes narrow at me.

"That's it? Okay?"

"What should I apologise for?" I ask curiously. He huffs at my words and leans back in the chair he's sitting in.

"I didn't say you needed to apologise for anything, did I?" Liam asks. "But I said sorry for how I acted all you said was okay,"

"What else should I say Liam?" I ask him. "You said sorry, but there is obviously more you want to say, but you're not saying it. You might as well just tell me how I've been a shitty friend the past few years and when you suddenly decided I'm not your best friend anymore," I say.

"For the past few years we were on different paths. You didn't want to be married again, nor have kids, which I understood, but if I brought up how I'm excited to one day get married you'd say something negative like it's a waste. You were focused on becoming a CEO and I was focused on finding someone I could marry. I wanted to go out and have a good time, and you wanted to stay home and do nothing. Or be at work till god knows how long. It's hard to be best friends with someone who you can't share things with.

When you met Eve, yeah you changed. I notice you go home early now to probably hangout with Avery or spend time with your girlfriend, which is good. But I can't go to you for advice about my relationship problems, because you always come to me about yours and no offence, you kind of know nothing about woman.

I can't ask you what I should buy Sophia because you'd say a gift card, which you have said to me. Ben, has a wife. He's been married for two years now and they've been dating for five years. I go to him for advice about Sophia because he's experienced in that sense. And he gives good advice.

I'm getting married in five months and want to act more like a husband than a boyfriend. And you and Eve are still dating, so I can't really go to for advice about anything. Maybe if I have tax problems but not for my personal issues.