90

Eve POV

I'm helping my Dad pack up the house today. It makes me sad knowing that in a few weeks this house will be sold and I'll no longer be able to visit.

Harry is helping as well, which I thought was nice of him to offer. Avery and Lexi are in the backyard playing in the mean time.

I told my Dad I'd pack up Charlie's room. He just gave me a small smile and hugged me.

I'm currently putting away his things, which make me even more emotional because I loved his room. I love the art on his walls as well as posters of the bands or artists he liked. I don't know, I'm just going to miss all of this.

I'm putting his things from his desk away now. I come across his old flip phone which makes me chuckle. I haven't seen a flip phone in years.

I turn it on, expecting it not to do anything. But it turns on and my eyebrows knot. He must've never let it die.

I go through his texts and see some from Jane. None of them stand out though. Then I check his voice mail, which didn't have a password. They're unopened which surprises me. The messages are from Jane and I play the first one.

I put his phone to my ear and listen.

"Hey Charlie," She starts. "I've left about a million messages but uh, you haven't replied to any so I'll just leave this big message for you to listen to since you don't want to talk to me. I'm sorry for the way I acted when you told me you were in love with me. I was a bitch, and that's the only way to say it. I uh, was shocked if I'm being honest. What I said was just wrong, and I'm sorry. You're my best friend, Charlie and I'm sorry for how I acted. I just didn't want our friendship to change so I freaked out.

You're an amazing guy, and there will be a girl out there who will love you the way that you deserve to be loved. She will love your hobby of art and will love your piano skills. I know she's out there. Hey, maybe in the future I'll be that girl, I don't know. But right now, I only look at you as my best friend, and I'm sorry if I made you think you're unloveable. Any girl would be lucky to call you their boyfriend. The things I said are unforgivable and something I will always regret because I know it was low blow considering how I know you feel.

You not texting me back or calling me back has been worrying me though, so please call me back Charlie. I know you're mad at me, and I understand why. It's just you're scaring me by not answering. If you don't call me back in a few days I'm going to stop by, just as a warning. I'm sorry again for what I said. This is Jane by the way,"

The message soon stops and I turn off his phone again. I tap it against my hand and close my eyes.

"Need help?" I hear a voice ask. My eyes reopen and I see Daren in the doorframe looking at me.

"If you want to help," I say. I put Charlie's phone in my pocket and continue to pack his things.

Daren starts putting our brothers clothes in a box. "Did Dad tell you I found a note?" I ask.

"Yeah," He says.

"Did you want to read it?" I ask timidly.

"I already did," Daren tells me. My eyes look over at my brother who's staring at the box. "I found it a few months after he died,"

"Why didn't you tell me? Or anyone?" I ask.

"I didn't want to tell my fifteen year old sister I'm the reason why her best friend died," His words make my eyes pinch. "After I read it, I showed it to Jane so she knew why he uh, killed himself,"

"I still wish you would've told me," I say in a murmur. "I didn't even know you went in here since he died."

"I was in here last month," Daren brings up. He sits on Charlie's old bed. I sit beside my older brother who plays with his fingers on his lap. "He was the talented one out of all of us," He says while observing the paintings on the wall.

"Why did you come in here last month?" I ask.

"Because I missed him," Daren admits. His eyes look down to his lap. "I didn't mean to push him so hard. I just wanted him to fit in a-and not feel different. I didn't know me being hard on him was feeding into him wanting to kill himself," His head hangs and I bite my lip.
I rest my hand on top of Daren's and stroke his knuckles with my thumb. "I'm sorry Eve,"

"Why are you saying sorry to me?" I ask.

"I'm just sorry," I rest my head on my brothers shoulder and squeeze his hand.

"What did Jane say when you showed her the note?" I ask curiously.

"She cried, and Jane said she called him the day before he killed himself and she knew she should've driven down to visit," Daren informs me. "So, we'll always be guilty for the things we did to him,"

I hug my brother and he hugs me back. He keeps mumbling I'm sorry against me, which makes me sad.

***

Avery is taking a nap and Harry and I are in bed watching TV. We got back home around two, and it's three now.

My head is on his chest and our legs are mixed together. My arm is over his body and my grip on him is tight.

"You okay?" He asks me.

"Eh," I say. "I'm just going to miss my old house," I admit. "How are you?" I ask.

"Eh," He answers. I feel his fingers play with my hair.

"I love you Harry," I say to him.

"I love you more," His lips touch the top of my head. I look up at him and see he's staring down at me. I lean up until I kiss his lips. It's a quick peck that turned into a long, deep kiss.

Our position changes into Harry fitted in between my thighs. His hands fall to my waist and my fingers lace through his curls.

I feel his fingers tug down the shorts I'm wearing, as well as my underwear all in one shot. "I assume we're having sex?" I ask as my lips are pressed against his. Harry just nods against my mouth.

"I always heard make up sex was the best," He says causing me to laugh.

"We shall see," I say making him smile. His hands return to my face and his lips go back to kissing mine.

A://N

Good morning / night for some

Comment goal: 60??

Ty for 3k followers on here (:

~lauren