44

Eve POV

The only time I woke up during the night was when I heard the baby cry. But then she stopped so then I feel back asleep.

I open my eyes and see an empty crib beside me. I sit up a little and rub my eyes. I see Harry in the chair beside me with our daughter.

"Is she sleeping?" I ask him.

"No, she's awake," He tells me. His eyes look a little tired.

"Did you sleep at all?" I ask.

"No," Harry tells me. "But I'm fine. How are you? Did you sleep good?"

"I slept alright," His eyes look down to our nameless daughter. A gentle smile is on his lips. "So, what are we going to name her?" I ask.

"Uh," Harry rocks her a little and strokes her cheek with his thumb. "What name do you like?"

"Avery," I say. "You?"

"Avery is a cute name," He tells me. "And she looks like an Avery,"

Harry stands up with our daughter and places her in my arms. "I figured you'd want to hold her," His eyes are still on her. I look down to my daughter in my arms and smile at her.

"Was she fussy at all?" I ask Harry.

"No, she was an angel," He grins softly and looks at her still. His eyes look delicate. "Do you need anything, Eve?"

"No, I'm good," I say with a gentle smile.

"Are you sure?"

"Very," I say. He nods and looks back to Avery who's staring around. I smile at my daughter and kiss her cheek. "What should her middle name be?" I ask.

"Elise," Harry says.

"Avery Elise Styles, sounds nice," I say while stroking her cheek softly. I look to Harry who's looking at me with the same sad eyes he did last night. "Harry?"

"Yes?" He asks.

"Please look happy. We have to move forward," I say.

"I know, I-I just still feel bad still," He admits to me.

"Why don't you schedule a therapy appointment?"

"I was supposed to have one tomorrow but I cancelled it because you just gave birth to our daughter and you both need me now,"

"But if it would help you and make yourself feel better then go," I say. His head shakes.

"I can't focus on myself and my problems anymore. That comes second now, and Avery comes first. Plus, I'm fine," Harry says.

"You left yesterday, if you don't remember," I bring up.

"I wasn't nervous because I'm having a daughter, Eve. My mind went to Elena being born then dying, and that was on repeat. I couldn't even think of anything else besides that. If I could break out of that, I would. I didn't purposely want to think about those things, I-I wanted it to be about us and just that. I've moved on and accepted the fact that Elena is no longer alive. I've accepted it for a while now. But I don't need to think about anything else besides Avery. I've spent the three hours away from you both and now I'm back and I'm not leaving, okay? I don't need to think about anything else,"

"Are you sure?" I ask. "I understand if you need to, you know, go tomorrow,"

"I'm going to be here tomorrow," He says to me. His hand rests on my leg and his eyes meet mine. Harry looks back to Avery with eyes written with pure love.

"Have you called Gemma and Anne yet?" I ask.

"No," Harry answers.

"Why not?" I ask. I look back down at our daughter who is staring up at me. I kiss her cheek and forehead.

"I'm scared they won't show up," He says in a low murmur. That makes my heart pinch.

"Call them Harry. Also call Geoff and Karen,
I know they wanted to be here to meet Avery," I look to Harry who's staring at me with gentle eyes.

"Okay," He says. His voice sounds timid. "Can I hold her again?" Harry asks me making me smile.

I hand Avery back over to my boyfriend who holds her carefully and protectively. His eyes are glued on our daughter which makes my heart warm.

He kisses the top of her head and her rosy cheeks. A smile is on Harry's mouth while looking at Avery.

I like seeing him smile. It's nice to see him smiling because of holding his daughter. I know he loves her, which I can see in his eyes and the way he looks at her. It makes me happy seeing him hold her.

I lay back on my bed and bring my blankets up closer to my body. I continue to watch them which made my morning in all honesty.

A://N

Hello :p

Comment goal: 60??????

Tysm for reading !!!

~lauren