48

Eve POV

Harry and I's date was last night and it was good. I had fun, and it kept my mind off of Ava for a while.

The crying is still going on with her, as it always probably will. I've just grown use to not to be around her because she wants nothing to do with me, literally. The only time were I really associate myself with my daughter is when she needs to be fed. Besides that we're always apart unless Harry is with her in the same room as me.

I never expected parenthood to go this was for me. I always pictured it eventful and amazing. That's how I viewed it by watching my brothers have families or babysitting the kids in my old apartment building.

When Harry gave Gemma Ava last night, she didn't cry. She was smiling and cuddling herself into her aunt. That hurt, I'll admit. Watching your daughter enjoy spending time with a different woman isn't a pleasant feeling.

If I'm being honest, I hate being a Mom. I don't even feel like one. I haven't had any pleasant experiences or memorable moments. I know parenthood isn't just about the good times, but it's all been downhill from when I gave birth to her. I haven't had one good memory with Avery since the hospital and that was five months ago.

Hell, her living inside of me was better than now. At least then I was happy with feeling her kicks and she relied on me then.

I just want her for once not cry when I'm alone with her. That's all.

I used to want to have a lot of kids because babies love me, but since having Avery that dream is slowly slipping away. If she acts like this, the other babies will most likely. And I don't want to go through different pregnancies to have the same outcome of having no baby want me.

At least Harry seems to be having a good time with her. He's a good Dad, not even good. He's an amazing Dad. I tell him that a lot, because he's doing most of the work. He changes her, plays with her, cuddles with her, and gives her bottles.

I'm just there.

I'm thinking about going back to work soon. I don't need the full time off because I'm not doing anything besides sitting at home and watching TV. I might as well go to work and have a life there.

I feel bad thinking these things, but I can't help not to. Motherhood fucking sucks for me, and that's the truth. I love my daughter, and that won't change. But I just can't deal with how's she's acting. I feel like I'm doing something wrong when I know I'm not. There is nothing I'm doing with her for me to fuck up or mess up on.

I bring the blanket to my shoulders and close my eyes. Lately all I like to do is sleep. If I sleep enough I can forget that my daughter doesn't like me and that I'm slowly resenting her.

A://N

Just a small chapter on Eve's thoughts!!

So, I know a lot of fanfics convey parenthood as a magical thing (which it is) but I've never read a ff where one of the parents doesn't have a good experience and there are problems. So, I added that in mind because I think it makes it semi more real ???

Next chapter shall be interesting ;)

Ty for dealing with the small chapters !

~lauren