85

Eve POV

I'm at my Dad's house with Avery and Harry. Lexi is over as well, which is nice because Avery likes playing dolls with her. It's weird to think that they're only five years apart.

The girls are in the living room and Harry, my Dad and I are in the dining room talking. "I wanted to tell you something," My Father says while playing with the loose change on the brown table top.

"What is it?" I ask while glancing up at him. His brown eyes are on me, but glance away. This causes my eyebrows to knot.

"You're the first one I'm telling so," He itches his head and lets out a small sigh. "I'm selling the house,"

My eyes widen and I remain silent for a brief moment. "What? Why?" I ask.

"I want to live with my family," He says simply. "Meaning Lexi, Zoe, and Rachel. Not that you aren't my family but--you get what I'm saying," My Dad rambles briefly.

"Oh," I say. I love this house. I like having my childhood room, and I like that I still consider this my home even thought I don't live here anymore. I've been over Zoe's house a few times, and I just don't get that feeling like I do when I'm here. 

"I'm never here unless I have you or your brothers visit. And it's just a bill that I shouldn't be paying anymore because I'm never here, you know? I'd rather have the money for the mortgage go to Lexi or Rachel." He explains. "If you want your things, you can pack them. I have boxes already upstairs. If you don't, I'll donate your things to Good Will," 

"I'll um," I pause for a short moment. "I'll see what I want to take," I answer. "Are you going to pack Charlies room up?" I ask my Dad. No one has been in Charlies room since he died. His door was usually always closed, so we kept it that way. 

"Yeah, Zoe was going to help me pack up his things," He tells me. I nod and stand up.

"I'm going to see what I want to take," I announce. My Dad nods and I leave the dining room and head to the stairs. I walk up the steps and open my old bedroom door. I look inside the dark room, and bite my lower lip. I close my door and continue walking down the hallway that is a bit dark.

I stop at my late brothers bedroom and debate if I actually want to go inside or not. I decide on it and open his door. My eyes land on a perfectly clean room. Everything is neat and placed perfectly in their wanted places.

There are some posters on his dark blue walls, but there are mostly paintings that are hung up, which makes me smile. I forgot that he loved art. 

He has his bin full of paint tubes besides his bed. His sketch books are in one of clear drawers as well. I'm tempted to look through them, but I don't. 

I look over to the doorway and see Harry standing in the frame. His green eyes are on me, and I can tell his eyes are soft by the way he's looking at me. Harry walks in and closes the door behind him. "Just looking around?" My husband asks.

No, I want to find a note.

"Yeah," I answer. I take my eyes off of Harry and look to Charlie's closet that's closed. I walk over to his closet and open it. I see his clothes hanged up by shades of colors. I smile gently and scan the rest of the small space. I see his keyboard in it's black case making my head tilt a little. 

I go on my tippy toes and reach for the heavy object on the high shelf. Harry sees what I'm trying to reach for, and he gets it for me without struggle. "Thanks," I say with a soft smile. He just nods with a small smile and places it on the bed in the corner of the room. I open the main pocket and see his sheet music as well as some pencils. I huff to myself and keep rummaging around.