54

Eve POV

I sit in Ava's doctor's office the following morning with her on my lap. Her hand holds my two fingers and I kiss her puffy cheek.

The doctor is examining her vision. When I told him how she's been acting he told me he wanted to check out her eyes. I don't know how that has to do with it but I just want to make sure.

"So," Dr. Williams starts. "Does anyone in your family wear glasses?" 

"My Mom and brother did," I answer. "But I don't have any eye problems, not that I know anyways," 

"So there could be a chance that Avery might need glasses when she's a bit older. Um, there are some cases where babies who need glasses in the future, don't have clear vision as a normal babies with healthy eyes. Her acting out like she has been could be because she didn't know who was holding her because she couldn't see that clear," 

"But she is fine with her Dad, and other people. She only had problems with me," I say. I glance down to my daughter. 

"Who would hold her besides her Dad?" Dr. Williams asks me.

"My Dad, my brothers, their wives, my friends Sophia and Kris, Ava's Dad's Mom and sister, so on," I list. He nods.

"Sometimes it's easier for a baby to feel more comfortable with other Mother's and Father's, or people who are used to being around kids. Like um, her grandmother for instance, cause she has that mother vibe. Or her being comfortable with non mothers could be because she feels as if that's her Mom. I can't really give you a clear explanation for her feeling more comfortable with other woman and men, but I think it's good that you brought her in," 

"So, she couldn't really see before?" I ask.

"Yep," The Doctor says. "My first born was the same way, he has glasses now actually. He was very bad with his Mom as a baby so she kind of stopped taking care of him a sense. So, he was more used to me and was more comfortable. Over these past few days, Avery's vision could've gotten better and she could finally see who you are," He explains. I bite my lip and nod. 

"But, she's fine now, right?"

"Yeah. Once she gets older and if she complains about her sight then bring her into the eye doctor. Also, sometimes having some troubles during a pregnancy can affect the baby, but I think it has more to do with the fact that she was behind on seeing," 

"Okay," I let out a small sigh. 

***

We get home around noon. I fed her some lunch which was her baby food, then we played with some toys in the den. 

I find all of this weird, if I'm being honest. I feel bad for not realizing it was because of her sight. Or maybe it was because I distanced myself away from her and she wasn't comfortable with me. Either way, I'm glad she's okay.

Her arms reach out to me and I pick her up and place her on my lap. I stand her on her feet and keep my arms on her lower back. Her small hands rest on my cheeks and she grins at me. Ava's dimples appear on her rosy cheeks and she kisses me. 

My eyes well up again and I smile back at my daughter. I nuzzle my nose against her's, causing her to giggle. 

I hear my phone ring beside me and I see it's Harry. I answer it and put it on speaker. "Hello?" I say.

"Did you take Ava to the doctors? Is she alright?" His voice sounds worried.

"Yeah, she's fine. How did you find out?"

"I got the notification on my phone from my bank app that the doctors office charged a fee. Why did you bring her in?" 

"I was nervous to why she wasn't crying with me like usual," I admit. "Because now she's acting happy and I got a little worried. The doctor said it could've been because her vision wasn't like a normal six month year old. Like, she was a little behind on that and couldn't see straight," I explain briefly.

"No one in my family has eye problems. What about your family?"

"My Mom wore glasses and my brother Charlie did," I say to Harry.

"Oh okay. I had a mini heart attack," Harry admits.

"I'm sorry. I was going to call you when it got a little later over there," I say to my boyfriend over the phone.

"I wake up at seven," He informs me. I chuckle.

"I didn't know if you were going to wake up later since you're in Arizona. But, I assume you have to be up early for meetings and stuff, right?"

"Yeah," Harry says in a mumble. "So, you and Ava are doing good?" He changes the topic.

"Yeah, she's a little love bug," I say while looking back to my daughter who is looking at the phone. I think she knows her Dad is on the phone. 

"Aw," He says. "I miss you guys a lot. It's lonely here," He shrugs. 

"Isn't Liam there?" I ask.

"I don't want to cuddle and kiss Liam, Eve," Harry says causing me to laugh. 

"I'm sorry for hear that," I giggle. "You'll be home in four days," I hum.

"Yeah I know," He shrugs. "How's Max?"

"He's outside in the back yard currently. He's barking at some trees," I say causing Harry to laugh. I miss his laugh and that makes me smile. I rock Ava back and forth to keep her entertained.

"I miss him too," He sighs. 

"When's your next meeting?" 

"Uh," Harry pauses. "One," 

"Oh, at least you have some time to relax before then," I come up with.

"Yep," He murmurs. 

We talk on the phone for a few more minutes before we hang up. I place my phone back on the floor and look back to Ava who's staring at me. She kisses my cheek and grins. 

A://N

helloo

tysm for reading!

comment goal: 50???

~lauren