109

Eve POV

Last night Harry coded, again.

The doctor are keep close tabs on Harry since this is his second time coding. His doctor told me this code was much more serious than his last one, because he flat lined for a while. Hearing that broke my heart.

Next week is Christmas, and I'm not looking forward to celebrating it without having him home. Avery wrote on her Santa list;

Can you bring my Daddy home? 

That was the only thing on her list. Luckily when we went shopping a few weeks ago there was some toys and clothes she was looking at that she probably wanted. I got them for her, and some other things and say they were from Santa and Harry. I think that would make her happy. 

My Doctor keeps telling me she wants me to take it easy until the baby is born. That's hard to do, especially now. I've been trying my best to make Avery happy, as well as keep her distracted all while being pregnant and worrying about my husband who's close to dead. I wish I could press pause on the world to stop everything so I can just catch my breath. 

I'm dreading the day I walk into Harry's hospital room one day and see he's not there. 

At this point I have little hope he'll wake up. Even with a new kidney he still looks the same. His body is still cold, and his skin is still pale.

It's Wednesday afternoon and I'm seating besides my husband, as I have been for the past five, almost six months. I lean down and kiss his cheek. My hands hold his and my tears are already brimming my eyes. 

"If you want to go then you can, okay?" I say in a timid voice. "I don't know if you're in pain, or your body is just too weak, but uh, if staying like this is too much I understand," I say with shaky breaths. "Just know that Avery misses you loads, and you have a son on the way. You're getting your mini CEO, a-and I want you to meet him. But um, I love you Harry, and I've been dreading those words, but it's been almost six months. 

But if you do wake up, um, remember you get to wear casual slacks, I know how much you love those. A-And you get to boss people around at work, that's your favorite thing to do. You also get to be with your kids, which I think is a big plus. Um, I'll be back in the morning, I got to go home. I promised Avery we'd watch Beauty and The Beast. I love you Harry, I know this sounds selfish, but I really want you to wake up. You mean so much to me, and I wish I told you that more," I wipe my eyes and stand up from the chair I was once seated in.

I place his hand besides his body and lean down and kiss his forehead. His cheeks and chin have a little scruff, and his hair grew a bit. I take one more look at his sleeping self before I leave. 

***

Avery's head is rested on my chest as we watch the movie. I've seen this movie a million times, I think I know all the words. Her hand is rested on my bump, which warms my heart. She's very excited to be a big sister. She put a calendar up on the fridge to count down the days till he's born. That made me smile because she did that for out Disney trip.

I can't believe I'm having a son.

I haven't thought of any names, which is probably bad. Maybe when I look at him I'll just pick a name that matches best. But I also want Harry to like the name, not just me. 

The thought of giving birth and Harry not being there makes me sad. The thought of him not even knowing I'm pregnant makes my heart ache. 

I kiss the top of Avery's head and stroke her long, brown curls. "I love you Mommy," She says in a gentle and sweet voice.

"I love you more darling," I say to her. 

Her head nuzzles into me more and her fingers draw small circles on my stomach, which makes me smile.

Max and Lucy are laying on the floor. They have their bones in their mouth and are in their own world. At night Max lays beside me and rests his head on my bump, which always makes my night. Lucy just rests on the top of my head. 

I don't want to get used to it just being us. I want it be how it was before, with Harry. He's what makes me feel like I have a family. This is going to be the worst Christmas for us, I can feel it.

A://N

sorry for the small chapter :/

TYSM FOR 300K FOOKING READS ILY

next one should be interesting ;)

comment goal: 50?

~lauren