Don't fall for her unless you're prepared to fall on your face

Jade felt herself being lifted off the ground.

"I've missed you so much, babe, how are you?" Liam asked once she was finally back on the ground.

"I've missed you too. I'm good." Jade replied with a forced smile.

Liam lifted her chin and looked her straight in the eyes.

"You just keep getting more and more beautiful, you know that?" Liam asked he was only inches away from Jade's face.

Jade felt her breath hitch. She couldn't respond. She felt the blush come to her cheeks and knew she wasn't past this.

"Alright, stop hogging her." Harry said shoving Liam out of the way. Harry wrapped her in a tight hug.

"Hey hun, It's so good to see you again." Harry said smiling down at her.

"It's good to see you too." Jade smiled back.

"Come sit." Liam said pulling Jade down on his lap. Jade felt herself tense as his arms snaked around her waist.

Ashton frowned as he watched Jade and Liam interact. Did Liam like Jade? Why did Jade hate Liam so much? Why was he all over her? And why did she seem uncomfortable?

"So tell me all about New York." Liam spoke resting his chin on Jade's shoulder.

Jade ran through her time in New York stuttering and stumbling over her words every so often. Ashton frowned. She was always so collected but now she seemed nervous and jittery.

"Sounds like you had too much fun without me." Liam joked.

Jade cleared her throat carefully biting her lip.

"Come dance with me." Liam said standing suddenly forcing Jade to stand as well.

"N-no,no, I'm-I'm fine." Jade objected.

Liam grabbed Jade's hand pulling her in close so their foreheads were touching.

"Please?" Liam asked with a pout.

Jade felt her insides melt. She hated Luke so much for this.

"Okay, but just one dance." Jade sighed.

Liam smiled and bit his lip before pulling her to the dance floor. Jade tossed Luke the most hateful glare she could muster.

"So are they dating or... I'm confused?" Calum asked looking to Luke.

"No, they aren't dating." Luke sighed.

"You seem sad by that?" Michael noted.

"No, I just feel bad. She said she was passed this." Luke let out another sigh.

"It doesn't seem like it." Harry commented glancing at the dance floor. Liam had her pulled in close. She was biting her lip and seemed like she was incredibly uncomfortable.

"What was she supposed to be passed?" Ashton asked curiously.

"Liam." Harry and Luke said in unison.

"For about three years Jade had it bad for Liam." Luke started.

"The only guy Jade has ever had it 'bad' for." Harry chimed in.

"He was oblivious." Luke spoke again.

"Still is." Harry chimed in again.

"He was too hung up a this girl Samantha. Jade tried getting over him. Nothing worked. She finally got the internship in New York and moved out there. The last I talked to her. She was over him." Luke shook his head And Liam had given up on Samantha shortly after.